Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Columbus, GA

2009 Jamis Dakar XCT 1.0 on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...TRK:MEBOFFX:IT

I'm looking for a new bike to replace my current Haro V3 Hardtail. Do you guys think this would be a good deal if I could get it for about $700 shipped? Also, does 17" seem right for me being 5' 10"? My current Haro is 17" and it's the right size, but I didn't know if Jamis is different or not.

Columbus, GA
    Any thoughts?

Blunt Blazer
    Oct 2010
    good but you can get it cheaper here
    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...Bar+Shock.aspx

Columbus, GA
    Once I buy all the other parts it's not going to be cheaper, though. Right? I wouldn't really know what all to buy either.

Blunt Blazer
    Oct 2010
    oh , thought you were just gonna swap parts..is that ebay price for the whole bike? or just the frame? thats what i thought..sounds good deal, but depends how he rode it and how long..jamis dakar xct 1.0 new is 1049.99

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...0+Bike+09.aspx

Columbus, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Lambo666
    oh , thought you were just gonna swap parts..is that ebay price for the whole bike? or just the frame? thats what i thought..sounds good deal, but depends how he rode it and how long..jamis dakar xct 1.0 new is 1049.99

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...0+Bike+09.aspx
    No, my current bike has crappy components and they're extremely torn up - my bike has over 2000 miles on it and a lot of that is mountain biking.

I originally saw the model on JensonUSA so I looked it up on eBay and found this one. The bike in the eBay listing is for the whole bike. He claims that he hasn't ridden it much and bought it about a year ago. I asked him for some close up pictures so I'll post those up when he sends them to me.

Blunt Blazer
    Oct 2010
    ya seems good. nothing wrong with a jamis i own a dakar xam I 09 myself. and i love it. and youll be able to upgrade things if you want or when they break.

Columbus, GA
    Yeah, it looks like a great bike. He also upgraded the rear shock to a Rock Shox Ario 3.2 ($175) versus the original Rock Shox Bar 2.1 ($105).

What size is your bike and how tall are you? I'm just trying to make sure this thing is the right size.

I looked at the size chart and I'm the right size for it pretty much.

Blunt Blazer
    Oct 2010
    ya should be perfect for you..my jamis dakar xam I 09 is a 19" frame and im bout 6'1.. i upgraded from a 17" frame before and it fit alot better..
    here is some action shots: bottom of page
    parker and bam action shots- show em!

Columbus, GA
    That's awesome, man! The bike looks good. Makes me want to get this bike pretty badly. ha

Blunt Blazer
    Oct 2010
    HAHA ya..thanks mane..you wont be disappointed

Columbus, GA
    I didn't end up getting it. I offered $620 but someone else offered $710 at the last moment. It's too bad because I was really keen on getting it. I'm sure something else will pop up sometime. I could just get it new on JensonUSA for $1050, but I would rather pay a bit less.

Blunt Blazer
    Oct 2010
    awww. mane that sucks..but ya if you buy new its worth every single penny lol

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I'm a little over 6' and on a 19" frame and wish I would've went the next size down. Comfortable climbing but difficult to "detach" myself from the bike on the descents. Other than that I"m very pleased with the bike. With some upgrades it will become a very worthy trail bike.

mtbr member
    I was going to buy that frame from Jenson, and still want to. But since I have to upgrade the hard tail I can't afford to do both. Sad face. If I get the frame it will sit till I can build it and I will be stuck with two bikes I can't ride this year! A 17" should be perfect for you. The XCT with a higher end build with 5" forks will make the perfect All mountain bike. That frame is so nice that I am tempted to ride the Giant with the worn out drive train and buy it anyway! It would have to sit for a year till I could build it up with high end componants though. It must come with a crappy build to sell for $1050.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I just bought the 19" Jamis XCT 1.0 frame on Jenson for $400.00 and I love the hell out of it. You cant go wrong with this frame. I posted pics. All the compontents came off another Jamis I have. I am 6' 2" and the 19" is perfect for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2009 Jamis Dakar XCT 1.0 on eBay-mtbr-pics.jpg  

2009 Jamis Dakar XCT 1.0 on eBay-mtbr-pics2.jpg  

mtbr member
    How does that rear shock work? Good?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I am actually surprised with the shock after reading all the bad reviews on it. It works good enough to get me by till I have some extra dough to upgrade. I was thinking it was gonna suck really bad with terrible pedal bob but it is holding its own. I have yet to see how durable it is, I have only hit the trails 3 times so far. I am a Fox rear shocks guy so I will eventually get a Fox simply because that is what I like. But the RS Bar 2.1 I would say is average.

Columbus, GA
    Looks good, Marty. I'm jealous!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmaster1029
    Looks good, Marty. I'm jealous!
    Thanks man, it rides better then it looks!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I have bad new and good news, bad news is my XCT pictured above broke, the frame cracked at the seat tube and rear shock bell. It cracked about 75% around starting at the weld and going around seat tube. The good news is Jamis is sending me a New 2011 XCT and its on its way, I cant wait.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyL76 View Post
    I have bad new and good news, bad news is my XCT pictured above broke, the frame cracked at the seat tube and rear shock bell. It cracked about 75% around starting at the weld and going around seat tube. The good news is Jamis is sending me a New 2011 XCT and its on its way, I cant wait.
    Do you have pics of the crack? What were you doing when it broke?
    09 Jamis XCT2 Marzocchi RC3 ti forks, XT/XTR drivetrain, Mavic Crossrides/ Kenda Nevegal DTC=29lbs

Columbus, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyL76 View Post
    Lucky! Maybe I should break my frame.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I am not sure how it broke, I did not hear or feel when it happened. I just decided to detail my bike one day and BOOM...... I saw the crack. My heart broke for I knew our relationship was over! lmno
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2009 Jamis Dakar XCT 1.0 on eBay-phpzkgrw1am.jpg  

2009 Jamis Dakar XCT 1.0 on eBay-phpnti19eam.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I am pretty sure this is why Jamis has changed their suspension set up for 2011, I have heard from the Horses mouth "Jamis" that they have been breaking at this spot, the XCT and the XCR's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast