mtbr member
    Aug 2007

2008 XAM replaced XLT?

I was wondering if the XAM was replacing the XLT in 2008. Will there be a XAM for the same price as the XLT $1325 MSRP? Do any of you have pics of the XAM or XAM 1.0 I have seen the XAM 2.0 a little out of my price range. Does any of you have a price list for all the XAM's?

XAM
    XAM 1.0
    XAM 2.0
    XAM 3.0

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I think the 2008 XAM is the best thing to happen to Jamis since the XLT hit the line. The XLT is a great bike and Lord knows I love mine, but AllMountain bikes these days like the Nomad, Enduro, Fat Possum, Reign...they all thave that extra inch or more that caused the public to say "Well, the XLT is a trail bike...not an All Mountain bike". The XLT is every bit as tough as an All Mountain bike need be, it just lacked an inch of travel to fit in with the "popular" kids and support that tall and lovely 6" fork.

Now, there's the 2008 XAM. Just as tough as the XLT (or better) with 6" of travel and a good excuse to put a Fox 36 on there. WOOHOO!!! (or Lyrik if you're a SRAMonite)

I understand your concern, but if you were planning on buying a new bike next year in the $1325 price range with 5" of travel, just keep an eye on Jenson or Rbikes and get an older model that's getting closed out. A closeout XLT 2.0 would be better than a bare bone stock XLT anyways.

If you're planning on getting a bike in a couple yrs...just wait for Jenson to closeout the 2007 XAM's that will "surely" happen due to the change from 5.5 to 6" from '07 to '08.