mtbr member
    Mar 2007

2008 XAM 2.0 = $3600 USD ($1000 increase?!?)

I picked up a copy of MBA and they have the 2008 xam 2.0 listed in their interbike preview section listed for $3600...0uch, thats around a $900 difference from 2007.

I did a little searching on the net and found this site http://www.universitycyclery.com/13jamisprice.html
    that says its going to be $3300....

Welcome to what it feels like to buy a Jamis in Canada...

But does anyone know the correct pricing?

mtbr member
    US is $3300, that is up from $2775 for the 2007.

These are different bikes, the frame is better made (rear triangle) and a little longer travel. The fork is a Talas 36 over a 32 from last year (that is about $200 alone). XO shifters and der. Cost of materials are on the rise also.

Increase sucks but I still think it is one of the best spec's out there for the money.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Hmmm...I hope so...

I also noticed that the shock leverage ratio increased from 2.33:1 to 2.66:1 (from the website and the 2008 brochure)...I don't really understand fully how that works aside that a lower ratio is supposed to be better, anyone know much about that?

And, is the rear suspension really fully active?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by batts65
    US is $3300, that is up from $2775 for the 2007.

These are different bikes, the frame is better made (rear triangle) and a little longer travel. The fork is a Talas 36 over a 32 from last year (that is about $200 alone). XO shifters and der. Cost of materials are on the rise also.

Increase sucks but I still think it is one of the best spec's out there for the money.
    So, going by this, our importer here in OZ did a great job keeping the 07 and the 08 XAM 2.0 at the same price.

Our XAM 1.0 dropped in price by about AU$300 as well. No wonder I can't give away my demo bike.
    Oh well, might have to keep it for myself, what a shame.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I like those new komodo's. The price has actually drop on those, but so has the quality of their parts. Are the derailleur hangers on the 2007 and 2008 XAMs different. The one on my XAM is an odd ball and it looks to me, from the catalog pictures, that it has been changed on the new model.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DMoreau
    I like those new komodo's. The price has actually drop on those, but so has the quality of their parts. Are the derailleur hangers on the 2007 and 2008 XAMs different. The one on my XAM is an odd ball and it looks to me, from the catalog pictures, that it has been changed on the new model.
    It did change for 08' . I talked to my LBS beforing ordering mine.I forget exactly which one they have now,but i remember it being a slight upgrade over the 07's.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DMoreau
    Are the derailleur hangers on the 2007 and 2008 XAMs different. The one on my XAM is an odd ball and it looks to me, from the catalog pictures, that it has been changed on the new model.
    The '08 der. hanger is much better than the '07. The replacements that Jamis has available for the '07 is better than what came on the bike too.