Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mullen119 View Post
    Both are good entry level bikes. The Dragon sport is a step above the Exile Comp in specs. If it was my money, I would go with the Dragon sport because of the better drive train components.

The only reason I say to go with a 2012 Dragon if possible is the fork on the 2012 is much better then on the 2013. But its still a decent fork for an entry level bike.
    for the money,

would you recommend the dragon sport over any other bike in this price range?

any idea how my price quotes stack up?

thanks,

What?
    If you can get the dragon sport for 850, thats a good deal. I worked at a shop that sold Jamis bikes and 850 is not much more then the shop would have paid for it. They would only be making a few bucks off you. 650 is a good deal for the Exile as well but the Dragon is just a better bike and worth the extra 200 if you have it to spend.

As for other bikes, Airborne makes some nice bikes and they are priced really well. but they only sell direct to the consumer, so its best for people who can do there own wrenching. Not sure if you feel comfortable doing your own assembly or not, but if you do, I would check out a Goblin. Very good bike for the money.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mullen119 View Post
    If you can get the dragon sport for 850, thats a good deal. I worked at a shop that sold Jamis bikes and 850 is not much more then the shop would have paid for it. They would only be making a few bucks off you. 650 is a good deal for the Exile as well but the Dragon is just a better bike and worth the extra 200 if you have it to spend.

As for other bikes, Airborne makes some nice bikes and they are priced really well. but they only sell direct to the consumer, so its best for people who can do there own wrenching. Not sure if you feel comfortable doing your own assembly or not, but if you do, I would check out a Goblin. Very good bike for the money.
    thanks so much,

the wrenching is the only thing I question.

I enjoy learning how to work on my own toys myself but having no experience in the last 12 yrs with bikes I am not sure what to do.

at the end of the day, if I buy a chevy I can still take it anywhere and someone will be willing to get paid to work on it.

I just hope that If I buy an Airborne, I can still pay and find a reliable person to perform reliable work with out holding grudge that I should have bought from them...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2