Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Jamis

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx

2008 Jamis

Spoke with them yesterday about some very exciting offerings for 2008. There's not too much that hasn't been leaked or suspected for some time. Various mtb mags have had some early pics also. For the road, you can do a little Googling and find entire 08 lineup, but not in English.

I am expecting catalogs and pricing in Sept. Can't wait!
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

the goose is loose!
    yeah, i wanna know what the Parker is. it's "coming autumn 2007." i might have seen one in a mag, but i forget which one.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    The Parker, from what i've been told is a beefed up version of the XCR with 100mm of rear travel and up to 160mm travel forks.
    I just got my Australian price list today, There will be no Dragon Team only Pro and Comp, 5 different XCR models from the AU$2000 Sport to the AU$7500 carbon pro team, XAM will go to 150mm rear travel and run 160mm forks with 20mm axles, Dakota's haven't changed much, no more Ranger or XC's they are replaced with the Trail X1, 2, 3 and the Durango's 1, 2, 3. Pictures of most can be found here.
    It also looks like they are going to Shimano brakes on most models, thank god no more Hayes.

I want a XCR pro team carbon, that would be one of the best looking bikes I have seen for a while.

the goose is loose!
    so it's kinda like a transition preston....ready for some jumps/drops (nothing huge of course) kinda thing? i like hearing the xam has 6" of travel this year.

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    Also, finally a Dragon 29'er!! Pretty good spec too. XT drivetrain and shifters. It needs a brake (Juicy 3) and wheel (WTB rims on Deore hubs) upgrades, but that's not a big deal. The frame is 853 tubing.

Dragon 29'er w/ XT brakes and I9 wheels will be sick!!

Color is hemp and black too.
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kkjellquist
    Also, finally a Dragon 29'er!! Pretty good spec too. XT drivetrain and shifters. It needs a brake (Juicy 3) and wheel (WTB rims on Deore hubs) upgrades, but that's not a big deal. The frame is 853 tubing.

Dragon 29'er w/ XT brakes and I9 wheels will be sick!!

Color is hemp and black too.
    Looks like we're not getting that, DAMN. I would love one of those to replace my monocog 29er.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

more Jamis 08 pics

Here are some high res pics

http://robedob.blogspot.com/

RVV

the goose is loose!
    oh my god my heart just forgot what it was doing....i may not have to steer away from jamis anymore....the BAM-2 is SICK!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I saw the line about 2 weeks ago. It is very nice. The BAM is solid and a much better bike than the Diablo (geo and looks). The Parker looks like a fun all around bike (jump, slopestyle, trail). They will have a couple of models and all have adjustable travel forks. No more XLT, the XAM is replacing that (love my '07, then they go and make the '08 better).

I do not ride road but there full carbon road bikes are top notch.

As far as the mtb's are concerned, Skip nailed it!!!!

the goose is loose!
    anyone know pricing on the BAM?

Peace Coast Style
    Yeah, I really wanna hear the pricing on this BAM. I'll check in with my shop today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    Ever slip a pedal and slam into the seat? That little thing would disappear until I later got to the ER.

Get Down Do you
    Quote Originally Posted by Heals120
    Yeah, I really wanna hear the pricing on this BAM. I'll check in with my shop today.
    msrp
    Bam2.0 $3600
    Bam1.0 $2600
    Progression is fine just remember to respect your roots.

[SIZE="3"] Click to see my Orange Ano Blur LT[/SIZE]

the goose is loose!
    woa. about 200 bucks higher than i thought, but still jamis' very reasonable pricing. now, what are the specs of the bam1.0?

Get Down Do you
    Basic build up on BAM1.0
    Fox DHX4.0 Coil
    Marz 66
    x7 front and rear
    Juicy 5s
    WTB Laserdisc Freeride Laced to WTB hub
    FSA bb and Cranks
    Syncros stem, bars. seatpost
    5050 pedals

Sorry not more specific butyou get the gist of it
    Progression is fine just remember to respect your roots.

[SIZE="3"] Click to see my Orange Ano Blur LT[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Thanks Guys!

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the kind words regarding the 2008 Jamis MTB line. We are super happy with how it turned out and looking forward to the new year!

We are coming out swinging and really appreciate the support from all of you!

BATTS, thanks for the props man!

skip
    ]
    Craig "Skippy" Hoyt

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    All i can say is that Jamis has stepped it up with all these new bikes. I will say the Parker is starting to look really sweet. I ride a 06 Durango 1.0 with a rock shox Tora air. Now i do like the new Dakar Carbons. Those are going to kick a**. Hats off to Jamis right now, I will say that when my broke college but can afford it i will be getting another Jamis mountain bike. Jamis was the first bike ive ridden and i love to race xc on it. It holds up great.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Skip...

Can you give me a little more info on the Parker?

Rear travel
    Approx Pricing

Is that really a Fox Float R on there???
    I've always steered clear the Float R for jumping b/c mine would lose 5psi after every 15min of jumps/drops. Is there a planned DHX or Van R option?

I'm almost ready to sell the XLT and I just finished it this past winter...2008 just looks like tooooo much fun!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Ive read that rear travel is around 100mm. Yeah its got a float, but im not sure if you could switch it for a dhx or van. As for price i would say starting around where the 07 XLT was. so i would say at least $1300. But im not real sure. 2008 does look like a lot fun

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Where did you read about it?

That's kinda cheap for such a Kewl ride, though I guess it's spec'd as such with the Domain etc...I still think it'd be a schweeet ride for hitting some urban terrain. I haven't ridden urban since I build my XLT.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    After looking it over a bit...I really doubt $1300 is acurate unless it's the Parker I. The picture of the Parker II shows it with Hayes hydro's and XT rear der.

Surely a bike that's spec'd in that arena would be $1900 or better.

I do remember seeing a pic of a different Parker somewhere...hmmm...ah yes (just googled) the Parker 1.0:

But what fork is on the 1.0? It's a QR fork and the cranks look to be crap...as does the rest of the build. That's prob. the $1300 Parker.

There's no way the Parker II pictured in the link above could be $1300...I'd def. buy one in a hearbeat if it was though.
    Just glancing at the pic's compared to XLT's, XAM's, and BAM's...I'll bet the Parker is a 5" bike with a 6" fork moreso like the Preston. It just "looks" like it has more than 4". I could be wrong b/c I have nothing to base this off of other than picture comparison...either way, I'm excited!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Straight from the dealer manual:
    Parker 1 All mountain triple ring set up like the XLT from 07 but with the stronger frame and 100mm travel instead of 125mm. Recon fork, 85-130mm travel.
    Parker II: Freeride/ slopestyle with double ring setup, E13 supercharger, RS domain fork with maxle, 115-160mm travel
    Parker III : Dirt jump/ gate racing, single ring setup, E13, RS lyrik 115-160mm travel.

I feel the II will be the biggest seller as it is the most versatile with the big fork and the double chain ring. I hope they have plenty of stock, once this bike gets out it is going to be very popular.

Can't wait to get my stock in november.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Agreed

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Parker INFO

Hey Guys,

That is really a Fox Float R on the Parker 3 & 2 models. We did a lot of testing with the bikes and the shocks and the FOx Floats really stood up to the abuse. We had no major air lose. We were also able to keep the weight down using this shock.

Rear wheel travel on all the parkers is 100mm (4 inches).

MSRP is
    Parker 3 $2325
    Parker 2 $1685
    Parker 1 $1350

Hope this helps you out a bit....

Quote Originally Posted by chelboed
    Can you give me a little more info on the Parker?

Rear travel
    Approx Pricing

Is that really a Fox Float R on there???
    I've always steered clear the Float R for jumping b/c mine would lose 5psi after every 15min of jumps/drops. Is there a planned DHX or Van R option?

I'm almost ready to sell the XLT and I just finished it this past winter...2008 just looks like tooooo much fun!!!
    ]
    Craig "Skippy" Hoyt

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Wow...with an MSRP of $1685...you can prob. expect the Parker II to go for around $1500...I'm speechless and I want one! I can see myself downtown already!!!

Thanx Skip

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Killa

Im glad that you guys are diggin on the bikes!
    ]
    Craig "Skippy" Hoyt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast