mtbr member

Smile 2007 Jamis Durango 2.0 vs Rockhopper

hay guys 2 bikes i like so far can you guys tell me whats a better bike that i should go with
    for trail riding

here is the 2007 jamis durango 2.0 http://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/bikes/...urango2sl.html

and here is the rockhopper comp
    http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkM...keTab=techspec

thank you
    Jason

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Well, those links don't go anywhere.

If you mean the Rockhopper Comp Disc, then I'd say the Specialized is spec'd better all the way around. As much as it pains me to steer someone away from Jamis, I'd say you can't go wrong with the Rockhopper. The fork is the deal breaker for me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    they are both well specced, try and get a test ride on both. you couldn't go wrong with either.the forks are almost on par with each other, the Slates on the Jamis look like the old Black's which I ran for a few years with no hassles. The brakes, Your choice, cable or hydro,one of the better cable brakes against an entry level hydro that from reading reviews perform pretty good. The geometry is a bit different so, test ride both and buy the one that feels the best for you.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jaseh
    The brakes, Your choice, cable or hydro,one of the better cable brakes against an entry level hydro that from reading reviews perform pretty good.
    I must have been looking at a different bike. I thought the Specialized had BB5's and the Jamis had some sort of el'cheapo Linear Pull brake.

oops

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    the jamis is about $100 cheaper as well, according to the websites MSRP.

mtbr member

Smile

that's the thing im debating is it worth the extra $100 will the jamis do and go where the rockhopper can? im sure it will im going to trail ride up down some terrain and im sure both will handle it. just as well

thanks
    Jason