mtbr member

2005 Jamis Komodo sizing questio

Looking to buy one of the 2005 Komodo's that has been hanging around Jensen for a while. Can anyone give any pointers on sizing? I'm 5"10, 32" inside leg. Would the 16.5 be too small? Would be using the bike mostly for deep woods aggressive XC / freeride, not looking for a dirtjumper...
    Brick walls are there for a reason...

mtbr member
    you know im wondering the exact same thing but im more like 6 ft 205lbs gonna be doing aggressive xc hitting drops, maybe some stairs. wish there were some more responses on this- dont want to get the 18.5 and have it be too big to throw around but dont want to go too small either- any help would be great

mtbr member
    With ya Scott! I've contacted Jamis and Jensen for sizing info. Both suggest the 18.5 since I'm not intending to use it as a DJ. Still wonder if it's going to be a bit large, but then again, the stem is way short, so maybe not. Might try to find a local dealer to size one. I'm also a freak of nature - short legs, long body. Tough call.

18.5 sounds like it would be fine for you though considering I'm shorter / lighter.
    Brick walls are there for a reason...

mtbr member
    hey nick- done a little comparison and geometry wise and spec wise the 18.5 komodo seems pretty comparable between a few of the of the other hardtail freeride frames like the santa cruz chameleon, gary fisher bigguns line- not a huge difference between med and lg sizes though it may make all the diff when actually on the bike... i used to have a 17.5 inch fisher opie, that wasnt very good for xc; im just buying the frame, going 18.5 for sure. you getting the komodo 1.0 or 2.0? both are pretty good deals, i was really considering it but bought a gary fisher wahoo disc instead, now wish i had bought komodo complete bike but will just ride the wahoo till i finish building the komodo then sell it. thanks for reply, let me know how it works out

Are you with me
    Jul 2007
    I'm 5' 9" 160, barefoot inseam 31, riding inseam approx 32.5 and I tested a 16.5 Komodo 2.0 at lbs today. I liked the fit and was actually surprised that standover is around 30. Pretty high but then Jamis says they want to give us more seat tube on this one.

Nice bike.

mtbr member
    just got the 18.5 inch jamis komodo set up today and couldnt believe it, my nuts were resting on the top tube!! i didnt think my legs were that short, i am about 6 ft tall, i will see how it goes... my 19 inch fisher wahoo disc gives me at least a good inch...