mtbr member

2005 Jamis Dakar XLT 20th Anniversary edition

Hey, guys! I I got a new 13" frame off of Ebay! I have some questions. There were two black 20th anniversary frames (with 2005 on the frame) that looked very similar (based on the pics). Both were 13" XLT models, but one says made of KINESIUM ALUMINUM and the other says high-end 7005 aluminum. The kinesium one states that it is anodized black, but the 7005 one is just black. I e-mailed the seller of the 7005, and he said that the Jamis catalog says anodized, but he says that it is more of a flat black. It doesn't look anodized, so that's why he didn't list it as such. My question is what frame metal is the XLT anniversary model? Were they all anodized? And is anodized aluminum shiny in nature? I won the 7005 one, it came with an intergrated WTB headset and crown race. The two bikes come with the same rear Fox Float R with 5" of travel.

Could someone tell me what the seat tube size is for a 13" frame so I can start looking for a Thompson seat post! Thanks!

Paste eater
    I have one, 7005 that is, and it's matte/flat black for sure... by the way, your headset is not intergrated, it's a internal cup type -- most commonly referred to as "zerostack",

the goose is loose!
    it's made of 7005, not kinesium. it's painted not anno.

mtbr member
    Then the seller whose ad read that his 2005 20th anniversary model was kinesium aluminum and anodized was misleading buyers or just ignorant?

The model I bought whose seller said it is more a flat black said that the headset and crown race were integrated...maybe that's what he meant. Does that sound about right? Thanks.

ps,

I bought the frame with the Fox Float R for $487. Deal?

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by djork
    The model I bought whose seller said it is more a flat black said that the headset and crown race were integrated...maybe that's what he meant. Does that sound about right? Thanks.

There is no such thing as a Jamis Mt bike with an Intergrated Headset period. I went through this shaninigans trying to find out what headset would fit a XLT and spoke with Jamis on the phone to which they replied "we would never use a integrated headset".

I got my frame from Jenson for 389.

mtbr member
    Jenson mainly sells bigger frames. This is one reason I bought the Jamis frame off of Ebay.

I went on the Jamis site and noticed that on their 2005 and 2006 XLT specs, they list ano (ad color).