mtbr member
    Jan 2006

New question here. 2005 Jamis Dakar XLT 2.0 frame issue!

I bought a used 2005 Jamis Dakar XLT 2.0 frame this winter with building myself a new bike to hit the forests hard, in mind. I figuered as the frame was stripped of parts I thought I might change the bearings in the suspension system. I received the new bearings the other day, and started taking the parts apart. But when I got to removing the bolt marked in the picture I ran into a problem. I can't get the longest of the two out of the old bearing. Has anyone else had this problem, or might have some clue as what to do? I've tried hammering it out from the other side, but the bolt stays. I've also used a flat screwdriver between the old bearing and the the black part trying to force the bolt out, its stuck...

What I know is that the bolt isn't stuck to the black part, as I can use a hex key to turn it around...

I need input here guys
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    It won't come apart that way. There are 2 identical bolts with a threaded sleeve in the frame between the 2 bearings, Check my pictures. I had the same problem, so I alternately tightened and loosened the bolts untill they both came free. Those parts a re available from Jamis as a complete kit for the whole frame for about $100.

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]