Columbus, GA

Is the '09 Jamis XCT 2.0 a good bike? UPDATE: I bought it!

Ok guys, I'm looking for a new bike. I was searching for a Diamondback Sortie 2, but I couldn't seem to find any deals that were good enough on it. JensonUSA has the Jamis XCT 2.0 for $1100. So, is it a good bike? I ride mostly XC with some jumps here and there. The Jamis seems like a really good deal. What do you guys think?

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...0+Bike+09.aspx
    Last edited by rcmaster1029; 04-15-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Columbus, GA
    Well, I went ahead and bought it! I'll post pictures when I get it.
    Last edited by rcmaster1029; 04-15-2011 at 10:39 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I have had bad experiences with their 2010 XC Comp and the XCT 3. I have broken the rear triangle, specifically the chainstay, four times. while i weigh 245 it shouldnt break...I have read reviews from folks with older models and they absolutely love them and never had any issues...i guess 2010 was just a bad year. good thing is that they replace the parts without question...bad thing...every 3 months my bike breaks

I love the XCT 3 though...it rides great!

Columbus, GA
    Luckily I weigh 145 pounds, so hopefully it will be alright.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I have a 2009 XCT2 and a 2002 Dakar Comp XC and have never broken anything on either bike. I'm a little heavier so I think you'll be ok.
    09 Jamis XCT2 Marzocchi RC3 ti forks, XT/XTR drivetrain, Mavic Crossrides/ Kenda Nevegal DTC=29lbs

mtbr member
    Looks like an awesome bike. I am on the Diamondback thread also so I saw your post there too. These seem to be a great design. The previous post is the first time I have heard any thing negative about it. Hit the trails and wear it out!

Columbus, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver77
    I have a 2009 XCT2 and a 2002 Dakar Comp XC and have never broken anything on either bike. I'm a little heavier so I think you'll be ok.
    Glad to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by grantw9066
    Looks like an awesome bike. I am on the Diamondback thread also so I saw your post there too. These seem to be a great design. The previous post is the first time I have heard any thing negative about it. Hit the trails and wear it out!
    I sure hope it is. Everything I have read about it has been pretty positive, so I think I made a good choice.