mtbr member

'07 XLT Seatpost Clamp Size

What size seat post clamp do you need for the 07' XLT? Just by looking at it, I thought a 31.8 would work but it is not even close....need bigger. By the way, anyone need a Red Hope QR in 31.8?

mtbr member
    I had a 2004 XLT, and bought a Salsa QR clamp - I believe it was either 31.8 or 32.0. Usually, you would go by the same diameter as the F Derailleur (which is 31.8 on the XLT), so I don't know why it would be bigger. You would think the seat tube would be the same diameter all the way up, but i'm not sure. I moved it over to my new Titus Motolite (which also has a 27.2 seatpost and 31.8 F derailleur), and it fit just fine. If I remember right, I had to "pry" it open a little with a small screwdriver to slip it over the seat tube. Try that to see if it helps. Also, make sure it's right-side up, as there is usually a small "lip" that drapes over the top when you push it all the way down. If not, try the next size up - 32.0. May not seem like much, but I had that same dilemna trying to buy a Thomson post for my 1992 Diamondback Axis. Old post was rusted, so started out by measuring it. I measured it at 29.2 - got the post & too small. Sent it back for a 29.6. Still too small - sent that one back for a 30.0, and finally worked. Sometimes the smallest measurement makes all the difference. Good luck.
    Hey, I didn't see that rock there."

Former Bike Wrench
    my 2005 XLT is 31.8mm (32mm) and the 2007 looks pretty much unchanged. Have you checked the Hope QR to make sure they didn't mis-label it?

mtbr member
    clamp says 31.8 but it is much smaller then the one that came with the bike. I guess I will just take the factory clamp to the LBS and let them match it.