Raid Rider
    Feb 2008

New question here. 07 Dakar xcr comp frame ???

I just buy a 07 Dakar xcr comp frame and i'm gonna put a set of mavic xc 717, xc600 retro marzocchi fork, xt derailleurs, kore lite2 flat bar.... I want to know if i'm gonna have a good bike for xc riding and competition ?

Thanks!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I just bought the same frame and plan to build it up with full XT and a Manitou R7 Super. I haven't started the build yet but the frame sure feels light with absolutely no play in the pivots. At the very least it should do fine for XC and entry level XC racing. Hopefully someone with experience with this frame will chime in.
    Last edited by dereknc; 03-17-2008 at 01:38 PM.

KRISDALA BAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Here is mine....only ridden it once on the trail but already know that it will be a great XC race bike. I upgraded the shock to an RP23.

I previously raced my 04 XC Comp (Pictured as well) and it was exactly one pound heavier than the new bike. Which at 19" it weighs exactly 27.5 pounds.

The new XCR rides sooo much better than the previous suspension design. You won't be sorry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My car is red.

mtbr member
    I found the rear end flexy for my tastes but for the money you got yourself a great bike for XC.
    My one says BRAP!