That day...
    Aug 2007

New question here. Yakuza Waka-Gashira

Anyone ride/have one to comment? Reviews here seem all positive, I'm just wondering if it would be ok for light/med trails as well as the occasional trip to town, since it's meant to be more for jumps and such. I'd like to get into XC/downhill eventually, and this bike looked like it could take a beating (which is what a dummy like me would give it lol.)

Is it overkill for all-around use? The components looked decent for the price (6-800), so I'm hoping I can get some feedback.

moaaar shimz
    Real nice bike, more for DH/FR use but can still climb okay

mtbr member
    were can you get one there 05's you can get them anymore unless its used

That day...
    Aug 2007
    There are still a few for sale online, along with the other 05' Yakuza HT models.

GAME ON!

All That is Man
    I buddy of mine bought that bike and it's a freaking tank. There is no breaking it. I swear it's just a bunch of aluminum baseball bats welded together. Very nice for downhill action.

It's definitely a lot to push up a long climb though, especially if you're doing technical climbs, it's just not meant for that so you spend a TON of energy getting that thing over obstacles.
    John

AKA; Jimmy Tango
    This is mine, it is a Chimpira model, same frame as the one in question. My wife has a Bakuto. Mine is a 15" and my wifes is a 19" We are both 6 foot. I have a 33"inseam, hers is like31"ish. Considering what the bike is, I think it climbs ok. But good lord is the bike fun to ride! They pop off of things like a champ and jump awesome! My bike weighs 36lbs 14 oz and my wifes weighs 35 lbs 5oz. I put lightweight tubes in hers and WTB Mutano Raptor tires on it(590grams a tire). If you're not sure the direction you want to go in, but want a trustworthy bike, you won't be dissapointed!
    Attached Images Attached Images