Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2006

yakuza bakuto fan club

i ride one,its awesome!!

anyone else post pics if you've kitted it out!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

No pics yet.

I don't have any pics yet actually I just ordered mine the other day and it is due in tomarrow. I can't wait! I will take pics of everything as I unpack and assemble my new stead.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    koool,the whole font ends comes in bits,took me a few hourse to get it workin

Contagious Xian
    Got mine setup more for trail assault right now, and I love how stiff the frame is for railing singletrack. I also take it over some rocks which is fun. Minor upgrades have been made to the bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

When in doubt, go faster
    Sick. How they do for Urban/DJ?

Hey it looks like your footsies are about to come off.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    too heavy for urban,i use mine for dj sometime and there pretty good if u pump the forks up

Contagious Xian
    I don't do any urban, and I wouldn't try dj on this bike personally. Not that it couldn't take it - I bought the 19" which is pretty big, great for trail riding, not good for my pumptrack or dj. A 17" would've been good for those, so I just use my wife's Warrior for that. And good eye - my foot did slip off on that rock crawl - it's pretty icy in Boise right now!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    id say its probaly best suited for the bike park/slopstyle

_dw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    Got mine setup more for trail assault right now, and I love how stiff the frame is for railing singletrack. I also take it over some rocks which is fun. Minor upgrades have been made to the bike.
    Exactly what the bike was designed for. The geometry was 100% planned for use as an aggressive woods trail/ play bike. Its nice to see someone enjoying it for that purpose.

Dave
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter

_dw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by =ChrisB=
    Sick. How they do for Urban/DJ?

Hey it looks like your footsies are about to come off.
    The Bakuto wasn't really planned for Urban / DJ, but it will definitely work. Keep your eyes peeled over the next few months for a new 09 prototype IH jumping bike with geometry designed by the Iron Horse Development League riders; Lars Tribus, Dave Smutok, Jordie Lunn, and Len Hornidge.

Dave
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter

New project, TBA shortly
    can I play?

_dw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Travis your Bakuto is probably the sickest one ever built. That thing rules. Color matched seat to Deemaxxes even. Sheeesh
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    id say its designed for freeride mainly aswell as trail riding which it is very good for

When in doubt, go faster
    dante thats a sexy bike you have there! What forky is that?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I finally got my bike in last night and after about an hour or so of putting it together I was able to ride to the end of my street and back. I still need to make some minor adjustmenst and get a shock pump so I can setup the fork but for the most part its good to go and I can't wait to get out on the trail with it.

A Gentleman and a MTBR'
    .... I know this is an old thread but I ordered a bakuto last thursday and I'm really excited. any ideas for making it more trail friendly? any pictures? Any thoughts on the bike?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    After ridding mine for a couple of months now I have not found much that I would change. However I am getting ready to drop my small ring up front altogether and install a bashring chain guide combo. If I were not going to do this in the near future I would haft to replace the stock bash ring due to small cracks developing around the boltholes. But for the most part the bike is awesome and I have a blast on the thing Iím sure you will to just get outside and ride it like you stole it you will soon learn what you like and dislike and what need to be changed/upgraded.

Contagious Xian
    Quote Originally Posted by stubecontinued
    .... I know this is an old thread but I ordered a bakuto last thursday and I'm really excited. any ideas for making it more trail friendly? any pictures? Any thoughts on the bike?
    I made mine more trail worthy for the local riding spots by swapping the stock parts with:

- a more comfortable and lighter saddle and seatpost
    - lighter and faster rolling tires
    - lighter and better platform pedals
    - longer stem and wider bars (not oversized) with Lizard Skins lock-on grips
    - swapped out the front chainrings to a 22/34 for steeper climbing
    - took the Splice fork off and sold it on ebay since I already had a Marz Drop-off to slap on until I move the Pike over to it

I really enjoy riding it here in the foothills and trails where I live. It's super stiff and the 19" fits me perfectly since I am about 6'3", 200lbs.

EDIT: Did you get an 05, 06, or 07? I think the 06 had much nicer specs than the 05 did. And the 07 is a Dj/Urban/Park bike now.

A Gentleman and a MTBR'
    I got an 05.
    I was planning to replace the forks already, but with what? I figured a longer stem might be in order as I am planning to ride it as more of a trail bike. Better platforms are probably a given also, what's a good light platform I might consider? I know the drivetrain is not top quality and will probably upgrade as I see the need.

A Gentleman and a MTBR'
    oops.

Contagious Xian
    I think the RS Pike is going to be a nice fork for this bike with the 20mm Maxle and 95mm-140mm travel options. Maybe do some research and see what other folks like and at what pricepoints. I am just running some cheap Wellgo's that I got on sale. I also slapped an 8-spd SRAM chain w/Powerlink since i like to keep that baby clean and lubed. One thing I can see getting swapped out in the near future is the Alivio rear der and the monster brake levers.

A Gentleman and a MTBR'
    What kind of riding do you guys use the bakuto for?

I wish mine would get here

Contagious Xian
    Rock crawling/technical features, dh, foothills singletrack, pump track, road rides, it does it all. I just do not prefer jumping though - I am not very good at it and I don't like the 'thud' when I land.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Here's mine. I love it so far. Mostly trail riding and some freeride. The fork is at 150mm in the pic, now at 130mm and I like it better.

A Gentleman and a MTBR'
    Finally got my bike yesterday and it's great. This is my first mountain bike but I rode BMX forever so I'm comparing it to the few mtb's I've tested. So far I've hucked it, DJ'd it, blasted it down some trails, jumped it down some stairs... wonderful. I guess I can officially join the fan club now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast