Thread: Yakuza bakuto

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Yakuza bakuto

Hey guys,
    I got a 2005 yakuza bakuto which came with a manitou splice comp fork. It has 130mm travel. I know the 2006 model came with a 150mm travel fork. I have recently decided to replace the splice because it's not really for me. A while back, before I was planning on replacing the fork, I found something online that had a lot of information about the frame, including the maximum fork travel able to be used on this frame. I've tried to find it recently but have no luck. Does anyone know where to find this info, or how to calculate the max fork. I'm trying to find this info because I have found a good deal for a Marzocchi 55 but I'm pretty sure it's too big. If you got any opinions about the 55 on this frame, let's hear them.

Huckin' trails
    Try bikepedia.com. Or you might have seen that info on Iron Horse website before they got bought by Dorel in 2009..

Try to do a search in the older threads of the Iron Horse forum here... You might get lucky.

David
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    The 2006 drop off three has a 540mm axle to crown. Which 55 are you getting? You can get most axle to crown measurements on Marzocchi's website (some OEM's aren't included).

Go Carolina!!!!