Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonsai-CP View Post
    I almost forgot to mention to you 'akacoke', you can get replacement parts and the pivot bearings from Airborne Bicycles. They have taken over the build rights of the older IH fleet.

The Iron Horse Yakuza Kumicho is now the Airborne Taka, and the Iron Horse Yakuza Aniki & Warrior fleet is the Airborne Marauder.

Check it out bro...

Airborne Bicycles. Downhill & Freeride

This may help ya out and good luck. This is where I got my main pivot bearing replacement for my Kumicho and will also hopefully get one for my Aniki as well.
    Hey thanks for mentioning us.

If you don't mind I'd like to clarify that as a rule, we DON'T sell replacement pivot hardware/bushings/bearings for old IH products. We do supply warranty parts for Airborne bikes under warranty but that necessitates proof of purchase or order#, along with some other things, to verify that it is an Airborne product.

Airborne used a few old IH designs for some of our products because the factory we used when we started up 2 years ago used to make IH's stuff. We've since moved away from that factory and are working on new designs for our DH and 7" Park/FR bikes that will debut late this summer.

Once we sell thru the current Taka and Marauder bikes we won't be making those anymore. At the current rate of sell-thru we will be out of both of those models before we have the new ones available to sell, so we aren't planning on doing any discounts to move them out.

Hope that clarifies a few things!

Thanks~
    Airborne Dude.

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post

If you don't mind I'd like to clarify that as a rule, we DON'T sell replacement pivot hardware/bushings/bearings for old IH products. We do supply warranty parts for Airborne bikes under warranty but that necessitates proof of purchase or order#, along with some other things, to verify that it is an Airborne product.

Airborne used a few old IH designs for some of our products because the factory we used when we started up 2 years ago used to make IH's stuff. We've since moved away from that factory and are working on new designs for our DH and 7" Park/FR bikes that will debut late this summer.

Once we sell thru the current Taka and Marauder bikes we won't be making those anymore. At the current rate of sell-thru we will be out of both of those models before we have the new ones available to sell, so we aren't planning on doing any discounts to move them out.

Thanks~
    Hey, thanks for your input. I was wondering even if you don't usually sell the parts if there was one of your distributor we could call if we ever need a part ?

I'll be sad if I can't use my frame anymore due to a simple pivot axle failure
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    Hey, thanks for your input. I was wondering even if you don't usually sell the parts if there was one of your distributor we could call if we ever need a part ?

I'll be sad if I can't use my frame anymore due to a simple pivot axle failure
    We ordered a finite amount of replacement parts from the frame factory for warranty purposes for Airborne Takas. I don't think they would be willing to service individuals looking for replacement parts as most factories aren't set up for that.

I wish I could be more help, sorry!
    Airborne Dude.

Huckin' trails
    We ordered a finite amount of replacement parts from the frame factory for warranty purposes for Airborne Takas. I don't think they would be willing to service individuals looking for replacement parts as most factories aren't set up for that.

I wish I could be more help, sorry!
    But could we get just the basic technical data so if we ever need a part, we could get one from our local machine shop ? And as far as the pivot maintenance goes on the Aniki (now the marauder), they should last pretty long with annual cleaning ?
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Airborne Product Dude
    But could we get just the basic technical data so if we ever need a part, we could get one from our local machine shop ? And as far as the pivot maintenance goes on the Aniki (now the marauder), they should last pretty long with annual cleaning ?
    The pivot bolt/shaft on the Marauder should last quite a long time with proper cleaning and attention. The bearings would wear out long before the shaft, and those can be purchased locally with the bearing#, or if under warranty replaced by us.
    Airborne Dude.

banned
    Nov 2011

Thanks~
    Thanks BigDaddyFlyer for the current update and clarification. I was only mentioning Airborne, because the main pivot bearing you had for those models fit those specific IH bikes at the time you guys started coming out with those two. I replaced one of mine with one of yours and it worked fine.

Now that Airborne is moving away from that design, I am understanding that they will no longer be available, so my apologies for my past posting about the main pivot bearing replacement.

Thanks again BigDaddyFlyer....

Huckin' trails
    Just received my hub spacer ! I'll post some pics when I get back home

mtbr member
    i started another thread about the shock hardware. here Rear shock pins have play

people in that thread was very helpful. and i was informed that we dont have to run the pin style bolts for the shock mount. a cap screw and nut set would def do it.

as for the pivot bearing, i found some KML seal bearing on ebay. they look very similar to the enduro ones with a blue seal filled with chevron grease. the KML bearings were supposed to work on high speed electric motors where it gets pretty hot. i hope itd hold up for mountain biking. from my understanding, if the pivot bolt is tight enough, only moving part would be the 2 seal bearing. so pretty much the pivot bolt wouldnt wear at all
    08 Ironhorse Yakuza
    04 Santa Cruz V10
    15 Gravity Bullseye Monster
    04 Giant Simple

My craigslist for sale

Huckin' trails
    Here's a few pics of the spacer, without the spacer and with the locknut over the spacer.

Yakuza Aniki rear spacing-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336966174.889928.jpg

Yakuza Aniki rear spacing-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336966189.293955.jpg

Yakuza Aniki rear spacing-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336966206.042968.jpg

Yakuza Aniki rear spacing-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336966222.978238.jpg

mtbr member
    looks nice.
    08 Ironhorse Yakuza
    04 Santa Cruz V10
    04 Giant Simple

My craigslist for sale

Huckin' trails
    Here it is :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yakuza Aniki rear spacing-dscn0031_web.jpg  

mtbr member
    is it anodized gold? or painted gold
    08 Ironhorse Yakuza
    04 Santa Cruz V10
    04 Giant Simple

My craigslist for sale

Huckin' trails
    It is painted gold. I'd love anodized, but still haven't made the jump yet for setting up the whole thing.

mtbr member
    It is painted gold. I'd love anodized, but still haven't made the jump yet for setting up the whole thing.
    i always wondered how much the whole anodize set up cost, also the paint
    08 Ironhorse Yakuza
    04 Santa Cruz V10
    04 Giant Simple

My craigslist for sale

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by akacoke View Post
    i always wondered how much the whole anodize set up cost, also the paint
    Check over the DIY light forum. There's a thread about DIY anodizing. Paint I use is with a air brush. Small ones for artistic stuff. I buy the Createx paint in the colors I need and mix also to make the colors I want. Then cook the paint in the oven at 400F for ~20 minutes.

A small anodizing setup would cost about $100 I think (including dies) and paint cost me about $15 for the gun, $5 for a bottle of paint (lot of paint in the bottle) and you get a air compressor. But anodizing gives better finish. But at least I can paint steel parts whereas anodizing only work for aluminum or Ti, not for steel.

This is some 10.9 grade steel bolts I painted in blue for my stem. Plus the gold for the shifter clamp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yakuza Aniki rear spacing-dscn0025_web.jpg  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3