Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Huckin' trails
    What about an angleset to get it even slacker ? With the OnePointFive HT, it should be fairly easy to gain a few degrees. I think they had a thread on custom angleset in the AM forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    question. is 69 degree consider more slacker than 68?

i understand that the more degree you have , the more fork and wheel is further from the vertical line of the top of head tube. is that right?

also do you guys know where do i get those 2 pivot bearings ? i will take them off and find a bearing shop. just thought might be a good idea to get oem

anyways, here is a pic of my frame after sand blasting. looks raw haha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yakuza Aniki rear spacing-p4060010.jpg  

08 Ironhorse Yakuza
    04 Santa Cruz V10
    15 Gravity Bullseye Monster
    04 Giant Simple

My craigslist for sale

Huckin' trails
    90 is vertical while 0 is dead flat. Closer to 0 is the slacker. It's the angle that the fork is with the ground.

Any matching bearings will do. Not much OEM important here.

And are you gonna polish up the frame ?
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

banned
    Nov 2011
    Hahaha....that looks like my Kumicho sort of, but mine has a better polish, though i have been slacking on the cleaning and polishing for a couple years...LOL

This is what replaced the Aniki....

BTW, no, anything less than 69 degrees is more raked or slacker, and anything higher than 69 is less slacker. My big steed above is a 63/64 degree raked headtube which is more raked out (slacker than the Aniki or Bullit. The Bullit is 68 stock, as I measured it with a tool that takes angle measurements.

I will say this, the Yakuza Aniki has a more vertical headtube angle than the Yakuza Kumicho and you feel it too once you get on both steeds. I like the more raked steeds, though they are harder to climb with.

As per the main pivot bearings, it is a hit and run with those, but they are out there, just have to keep looking. I do know a guy that was going to manufacture them for me, but he does not do metal manufacturing on a FT basis anymore. You may want to check out that online Iron Horse Club, there are a lot of IH owners on there. I do not remember the url at the top of my mind is, but just do some research and you should find it. They are big on the IH bikes over in Europe still.

Huckin' trails
    That bullit Is damn close geo looking as my Aniki curved top tube not the same geo off course, but design is pretty much the same.

And your polished Kumicho is very nice

banned
    Nov 2011
    Thanks David! I love my steed....

Yeah, just the top tube curvature. It does have a very close resemblance to the '07 and newer Aniki's that have the curved top tube. The only difference is the point of the swing arm pivot and is a slight bit lighter at the main swing arm shock pivot due to the metal cut away from it. Handle the same though it is a 1-1/8th headtube whereas the Aniki is a 1.5"

Huckin' trails
    Looks a bit lighter too. How much does it weight ?

I'm going out in about an hour, I'll try the new rear tire and rip some moar gnar

mtbr member
    thanks a lot for your guys to answer my question about the HA.

i will either get it powder coated gloss white or just spray paint it white/flat white. i like white eventho it gets dirty easy haha
    08 Ironhorse Yakuza
    04 Santa Cruz V10
    04 Giant Simple

My craigslist for sale

Huckin' trails
    Here's mine with the new rear tire, chainring bolts and pedals. I still have to weight it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yakuza Aniki rear spacing-dscn0258_web.jpg  

banned
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by akacoke View Post
    thanks a lot for your guys to answer my question about the HA.

i will either get it powder coated gloss white or just spray paint it white/flat white. i like white eventho it gets dirty easy haha
    Powder coat!!!!!! If not, then just do a gloss and polish it real good or put a clear coat on it.

banned
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    Here's mine with the new rear tire, chainring bolts and pedals. I still have to weight it.
    Damn, I love the look of the Aniki, it is off the hook. Of course I like the straight down tube better than the curved. Had to get use to that on my SC Bullit and my new Jamis Komodo. I am liking it now though...LOL.

As per weight, which one are you asking about? The Aniki, Bullit, or the Kumicho? The Bullit dressed out the same as the Aniki sheds about two pounds tops, but the Aniki dressed out weighed in at 36#'s. The Kumicho is a big DH/FR sled weighing in at 42#'s, but I think I shed some more weight and it may top in at around 40#'s now.

Huckin' trails
    Was talking about the Bullit weight. Difference must be into the frame.

I hope to have bring mine down under the 40 pounds mark.

The wheels are pretty heavy. I shaved about 210g with the new rear tire, now at 2.84 kg for the whole rear wheel, including tire, tube, valve cap, rotor, cassette, axle nuts and washers.

Slowly but surely.

banned
    Nov 2011
    Yes, it is in the frame. The frame itself feels at least two pounds lighter than the Aniki, but I also lightened the wheels, tires, tubes, and a few other key components on the Aniki, thus the lighter than 40 pounds. That weighs as much as my big sled...LOL

You will shed some more weight if you change out those heavy Drop Offs. Marzocchi forks weigh a ton, though good forks, just heavy. My DJ 1's are soooo heavy, though great DJ or slalom forks.

I may have missed it, but what tires and wheels are you running?

I was running WTB Dual Duties on the Aniki, but mounted them on the Bullit. They are just plain tough wheels, but i have a set of Azonic Outlaws I may be throwing on them soon though. They are on my new Komodo now.

You may want to try running on the Maxxis Ardents 60c, they are solid grip like the Nevegals and weigh much less and are very fast rolling tires.

Huckin' trails
    I have the stock wheels, WTB dual duty rims with 20mm front axle and 10mm rear. But I had the rear hub changed for a Deore FH-M555 since the stock formula freehub got busted. Then I did a rear axle conversion to 142x10 bolt on.

Yeah, the Drop-Off isn't light, but as long as it works, I don't have any reason to change it. And I obviously don't have money to spare on new parts, unless it needs to be replaced or repaired. Coz my dad ain't paying my bikes

I'll try to weight the bike tomorrow when I'll clean it. Today's ride burned me down to the point I had trouble focusing when editing my pictures from the ride

I'm always aiming for the lightest possible, but I keep the strength and durability on top. I'm mixing aluminum and steel throughout custom made parts to get the most out of them, but there is limits to what I can do. Like using 12.9 alloy steel grade bolts and dense aluminum spacers for my brake adaptor, SS chainring bolts and alloy spacers, drilled steel hub spacer, etc.

Yup, I took my measurements for my rear axle spacer today and I'll make the technical drawings to send to my machinist and make the parts. Lot of work going in this bike. But there is even more love going in.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonsai-CP View Post
    Powder coat!!!!!! If not, then just do a gloss and polish it real good or put a clear coat on it.
    i think im gonna just go with what you said here. take my time do a good spray paint job for once haha.

Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    I have the stock wheels, WTB dual duty rims with 20mm front axle and 10mm rear. But I had the rear hub changed for a Deore FH-M555 since the stock formula freehub got busted. Then I did a rear axle conversion to 142x10 bolt on.

Yeah, the Drop-Off isn't light, but as long as it works, I don't have any reason to change it. And I obviously don't have money to spare on new parts, unless it needs to be replaced or repaired. Coz my dad ain't paying my bikes

I'll try to weight the bike tomorrow when I'll clean it. Today's ride burned me down to the point I had trouble focusing when editing my pictures from the ride

I'm always aiming for the lightest possible, but I keep the strength and durability on top. I'm mixing aluminum and steel throughout custom made parts to get the most out of them, but there is limits to what I can do. Like using 12.9 alloy steel grade bolts and dense aluminum spacers for my brake adaptor, SS chainring bolts and alloy spacers, drilled steel hub spacer, etc.

Yup, I took my measurements for my rear axle spacer today and I'll make the technical drawings to send to my machinist and make the parts. Lot of work going in this bike. But there is even more love going in.

sound like you putting in a lot of extra work for your drop out spacing issue. have you ever try calling IH for the problem you having right now ?

and also about the weight. i will be happy if my finish build is under 40lbs with 1 rear brake.

i will set it as a commuter/urban bike first because im still resting from the car accident i had. cant really do any aggresive riding.

already got all the parts beside a front 20mm hub. stock frame and fox vanilla R shock. almost 9lbs , manitou sherman breakout 130-170mm oil fork 5.5lbs, cane creek double X headset, 1x8 sp sram attack shifter, shimano SLX shadow rear der. BB7 caliper with 203mm rear brake. running teflon brake shifter inners. mtx33 rims , novatec hubs. maxxis hookworm street tires, race face cranks and BB. taiwan made red seal bearing DH pedals. MRP systerm 3 party crasher guide. some sick ass deity 50mm stems. also my favorite is the azonic Ultracross handlebar .

bike would be white with red cables, black rims black spokes with red nipples. it will be off the hook. later when my body allow me to ride hard. i will slap on some off road tires, some decent hydraulics like avid code, magura or hope brakes. maybe a lighter shock i will be golden for most trials. no need to upgrade any more for me haha
    08 Ironhorse Yakuza
    04 Santa Cruz V10
    04 Giant Simple

My craigslist for sale

Huckin' trails
    Sorry for going back on topic

Here's the tech sheet for my hub spacer. The spacer will be steel, and will have a small lip at the bottom to sit on the washer and make a precise contact with the dust cover rather than just pushing down on it and deforming the cover, than breaking the sealing feature.

The dust cover is in black on the bottom left drawing. The nut should be on the first washer and the dust cover normally was sticking out about 0.5mm over the washer.

Looks like a lot of work, but with the right tools and knowledge, it's an easy job.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yakuza Aniki rear spacing-imageuploadedbytapatalk1334026812.158036.jpg  

mtbr member
    damn, thats precision .

dont get me wrong , why not just get the frame adjusted ? becasue next time you use some different wheelset or hubs you will have to do this all over again
    08 Ironhorse Yakuza
    04 Santa Cruz V10
    04 Giant Simple

My craigslist for sale

Huckin' trails
    damn, thats precision .

dont get me wrong , why not just get the frame adjusted ? becasue next time you use some different wheelset or hubs you will have to do this all over again
    Well coz I like it better that way too. I get my exact chainline, no bending forced flex in the frame and it's a lot easier that having to get the frame adjusted precisely, without weakening the metal. And if I ever need to change to a new hub, chances are it's probably be an XT or another Shimano and I'll stick with it. I never busted a Shimano hub, so I don't seek any problem soon.

mtbr member
    i see.

i still dont understand why its 142mm haha, anyways .good luck
    08 Ironhorse Yakuza
    04 Santa Cruz V10
    04 Giant Simple

My craigslist for sale

Huckin' trails
    I don't know either. But I prefer to be at 142 rather than 139 or other wacked spacings.

I'll do with it. Gotta see life on the bright side

Huckin' trails
    Whoa Mama ! I weighted the bike this morning...

From a heavy 40.25 pounds, I got down all the way to 38.97 pounds ! I'm now riding a sub-40 bike !!!

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by einfopedia View Post
    i want to know that there is a problem in your bike...what problem with your bike but i think its look like a fit.the snapshot are very good.thanks
    Wut ?

banned
    Nov 2011
    Probably BOT Spam David unless it was a posting for another forum, but most likely BOT....hahahaha

Congrats on the sub 40 steed bro!!

I loved my Aniki even more when I got it down to 36#'s....LOL. Made it much easier to climb...hahahaha

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonsai-CP View Post
    Congrats on the sub 40 steed bro!!

I loved my Aniki even more when I got it down to 36#'s....LOL. Made it much easier to climb...hahahaha
    Thanks, the single ring crank conversion was really the master key to make the bike more climbing friendly.

Then lighter tire and stiffer rear end made it better. But now I just bought a 2000 GT XCR bike in very nice condition and my bike money is back to zero. So I either need to find a better job asap or stick with my current setups till I get back home in september and find a full time job to finance my bike trips.

The Yakuza is pretty much to the top of what I could do with my incomes, so it should be very enjoyable for another year or so But that GT... man... Dream bike coming true is getting me stoke to death. Wish I had more money right now so I could upgrade right away to disc brakes. One step at the time. I'm young and the best still has to come.

Enjoy

Oh, and before I get too much side track, here's a thread on my bike (well, pics of my bike) : My mothafuker bike

And a pic to prove the truth :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yakuza Aniki rear spacing-dscn0289_web.jpg  

banned
    Nov 2011
    question. is 69 degree consider more slacker than 68?

i understand that the more degree you have , the more fork and wheel is further from the vertical line of the top of head tube. is that right?

also do you guys know where do i get those 2 pivot bearings ? i will take them off and find a bearing shop. just thought might be a good idea to get oem

anyways, here is a pic of my frame after sand blasting. looks raw haha
    I almost forgot to mention to you 'akacoke', you can get replacement parts and the pivot bearings from Airborne Bicycles. They have taken over the build rights of the older IH fleet.

The Iron Horse Yakuza Kumicho is now the Airborne Taka, and the Iron Horse Yakuza Aniki & Warrior fleet is the Airborne Marauder.

Check it out bro...

Airborne Bicycles. Downhill & Freeride

This may help ya out and good luck. This is where I got my main pivot bearing replacement for my Kumicho and will also hopefully get one for my Aniki as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast