mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Works Components Headset and 7 point

I'm thinking about buying one for my 7 point but I want to be sure I am getting the right type. 2 0 Degree ZS49 - ZS49 - Traditional 1 5 Reducer Headset Is this the type I need? Im fairly confident it is, but I want to make sure before I purchase it.

mtbr member
    Yup! I'm getting one for my 6 Point now that they make a ZS lower version too!

Have FUN!

G
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Received it in the mail yesterday and installed that afternoon, took it on a ride today and I can already feel the difference. Can't wait to try it out at Whistler.

mtbr member
    Nice! Was it tough to press in and get just right? Mine should be here in a week!

Cheers,

G
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086 View Post
    Nice! Was it tough to press in and get just right? Mine should be here in a week!

Cheers,

G
    Nope, I had more trouble removing the old headset, they just did not want to go. Installation was a breeze, just a little grease on the races and slowly press it in to make sure it doesn't twist. Only had to do the top race twice, while the bottom one took one try. Overall I'm impressed about how easy it was.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Can't quite tell which fork you have. Is a 200mm Boxxer. What head angle did you end up with.

I have the CC angleset on my 7 point with the 1.5 cups installed. Wish I would have waited and picked up the works and the 2 degree set. Even with the 1.5 cups and a 180mm fork I am still at close to 66 degress.

Mine is the 2008 7 point. Anyone recall was the stock HA was on this bikes? I would ideally like to be 65 degrees. I like the bike for just about everything else, climbs reasonable well, feels really solid, able to run a front D. Just need it to be more slack when descending.

mtbr member
    Does any one know where to get a Bushing kit for 6point6?