mtbr member
    Mar 2008

What size for a 2007 Azure Sport?

I'm 5'6" with a 28.5 inseam. Is it a 15" or 17" for me? I test ride a 17" today and the fit wasn't too bad. I got about 1/2 inch clearance and I'm not sure if that's enough.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by motospeedster
    I'm 5'6" with a 28.5 inseam. Is it a 15" or 17" for me? I test ride a 17" today and the fit wasn't too bad. I got about 1/2 inch clearance and I'm not sure if that's enough.
    17 all the way. The 15's TT is only 21.5 and that's too short unless you like a cruiser-style upright position. I'm five siz and ride my 17 with a 100mm stem. perfect.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    thanks for the reply. too bad, rscycle.com doesn't have the 17" in stock anymore. i called performance bike to do a price match and they cant do it with online retailers

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    thanks for the reply. too bad, rscycle.com doesn't have the 17" in stock anymore. i called performance bike to do a price match and they cant do it with online retailers
    wow, that was quick to sold out 17" bikes. I've never owned IH bike before so I can't give you an exact opinion but I am 5-5" - 6" and about your inseam. also I prefer smaller frames.
    even my small size marin bike felt a little big for me though.
    I think 15" will fit you well but I don't own IH so I might be wrong.

EastBaySteez
    They can, who ever told you that is smoking da crack pipe!
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

On MTBR hiatus :(
    Just as a second to your sizing question, my wife is your height, but has 2.5-3" on you in the inseam (and therefore shorter torso), and we fit her to a 17" Azure with a 70mm stem.

I don't recall the stock stem length on the 17", but 90mm to 105mm ought to fit you well.
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimguroo
    wow, that was quick to sold out 17" bikes. I've never owned IH bike before so I can't give you an exact opinion but I am 5-5" - 6" and about your inseam. also I prefer smaller frames.
    even my small size marin bike felt a little big for me though.
    I think 15" will fit you well but I don't own IH so I might be wrong.
    Marins run big. IHs run smaller.