mtbr member
    Mar 2004

what shock pump are you using?

Just got my hollowpoint expert and looking at manual it says to properly setup the swinger rear shock and black front you should use a spv pump. Do I have to purchase that pump plus a regular shock pump or just the high pressure above 175 air shock pump? And which one are you guys using. Is the manitou one good?? Also for shock setup can I use the guidlines of the previous posts on setting up a float ava shock? Are their specific instructions with the setup of the swinger 3 way. Thanks

I like Guiness
    Aug 2004

Idea!

I am using a fox hp shock pump (~$35). I replaced the fork with an '05 float 100 RLT and bought the pump at the same time. In the reviews for this bike people say that the spv pump sucks, so I didn't mess with it. The fox pump does not seem to lose any air when removed except for the air in the pump itself. The fox pump has good reviews, and I am very pleased with it myself. Remember to be gentle when threading it on as some people say they have mangled the threads on the valves.

I followed the instructions for the swinger 3-way that came with it. If you don't have them, they go as follows. First put 50-70 psi in the SPV (red valve), then set the sag to about 1/2 inch. Then set the rebound all the way to fast. Now go ride over some bumps. The bike should bounce back too quickly. Now turn the rebound knob one click in. Ride over the bumps again. Repeat this until it no longer bounces. The idea is to get it to rebound as quickly as possible without kicking you in the butt. At this point you can use the chart in the instructions to dial in the spv chamber pressure. There is too much information in it for me to recite so check the website to see if there is more info there. I would suggest just to ride the bike and increase the spv pressure by 5psi increments until you find your sweet spot.

that's all I got, but feel free to send me a message if you have any specific questions.

PS I only weigh 140# so if you weigh a lot more you might want to start with 70psi in the spv.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I use the fox pump also, no complaints.