mtbr member
    Apr 2012

What Rear Shock on your 7Point

I'm looking to get a new rear shock for my 06 7Point5. Any recommendations on a good shock. I probibly getting a used one off pinkbke under 250...any thoughts or opinionswhat are you guys running on yours..

mtbr member
    Best bang for your buck is to just send your Progressive shock to Avalanche to get it custom tuned for your bike. You might even save money.

5th Element / Swinger Speed Sensitive Conversion

In addition to that, I saw your other post in the DH forum. Dont worry about the weight and what the shops tell you. That 7point will pedal better than any other 7 bike out right now, and has plenty of life left to live. Just upgrade to lighter components when your stock ones break.

After you get your shock dialed, look into getting one of these:

2 0 Degree ZS49 - ZS49 - Traditional 1 5 Reducer Headset

IMO, those are two key upgrades that will really bring your 7point to life!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    What does that do exactly and would it work with my forks. I think they are stock I believe. Rock Shox Ride with.u turn.

mtbr member
    Its a headset that slackens the head angle of your bike. I think the stock head angle is like 67.5 degrees or something close to that. With the angle adjuster you could slacken it down to about 65.5 or so. A slacker head angle makes it easier to ride down steeper trails. Making your bike more DH friendly, it will bring the head angle down to what most current DH bikes have. It should work with your fork. You would just have to measure the steer tube to make sure its long enough for the added stack height of that headset.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I've been running an X-fusion Vector HLR and have been very happy with it. I also run air version on my Sunday. Both shocks work well with DW link.

AL

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by allen mueller View Post
    I've been running an X-fusion Vector HLR and have been very happy with it. I also run air version on my Sunday. Both shocks work well with DW link.

AL
    X Fusion makes some great shocks. Did you have a "low" tune done to them or do they get into the particulars of the bike when ordering their shocks?

FWIW I went with a progressive 5th tuned by Avy and it rawks!

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086 View Post
    X Fusion makes some great shocks. Did you have a "low" tune done to them or do they get into the particulars of the bike when ordering their shocks?

FWIW I went with a progressive 5th tuned by Avy and it rawks!

Have FUN!

G MAN
    No, I didn't but it may be with it. On both my rides I run high speed comp all the way out, with a 3 or 4 clicks on the low speed. I also brought the volume of the reservoir in 3 turns to make the stroke more progressive.

Having the tune for the DW would be nice because it would give me more adjustment range but I'm very happy with the way it runs now.

I don't have an avy tuned 5th but I do have their cart in my boxxer and love it. I do have my old 5th sitting on the bench and I'm contemplating sending it in over the winter for next season. It could be allot of fun.

AL

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I had 5th E, DHX 5.0 and Vivid 5.1. In my opinion the best was RS because doesn't have platform. The suspension was push.