mtbr member
    Sep 2009

warrior pro ds upgrades worth it?

ive got a warrior pro ds and was wanting to upgrade some parts since i dont have the money to get a whole new bike. just wondering if the rock shox pike 454 and a set of juicy 5 brakes would be worth it or should i just save my money for a whole new bike. i found the pike for $395 new and the juicy 5 set for $140 new

banned
    With a very-tunable rear shock, coil-spring, Shock and 6" of front travel. I had really thought to build one like the 'TYPE-R' bikes, which have the same single-pivot type design, only more travel.
    Last edited by Uncle Jemima; 09-25-2009 at 02:51 AM.

Dropshot Champ!
    where'd you find the pike that cheap new? thats not a bad deal!

GAME ON!
    it's a solid bike. no reason not to upgrade.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    id rather not say about the fork right now because they only have 1 left. if i dont wind up getting it i will def. let you know. if i get the fork i know i will need to upgrade the front hub for the thru axel, but what is the best way about doing it? should i buy a front hub only, new front wheel, or an entire wheelset? what kind of price am i looking at to get all of this installed as well? oh, i forgot about the rear shock, what should i do about that?

banned
    If you have nothing to contrast choices or reasons for them, you may benefit from investing in a new complete bike. Regardless of what trim level the bike comes, it will be complemented with component selections. Whereas you may over-run your component choices a few-times over by having your ride turn into a 'parts magnet'. Not ideal... but it has happened before.

The bike itself is very soild, only bettered then by the more tractable DW-LINK as far as Suspension compliance goes.

Know what size rear-shock you need, and spend a week or two soaking up the info given by the manufacturer. FOX DHX- are all good, this VIVID by RS is something really amazing, and I have a soft spot for MARZOCCHI; There are many many other Shocks though, be sure to use all the features, or it will be ballast weight.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    well, after thinking about it i would really just rather spend the cash and buy a new complete bike but now the question is which one to get. the iron horse 6 point 4 looks really good for the price but i called my lbs and they told me that they could sell me an 09 specialized pitch comp for 1650 which is the same price as a 2010. they said the 09 has much better specs. what do yall think about this?

banned
    http://forums.mtbr.com/specialized/

Otherwise, I have to say the 6POINT4 is swell, Find a 2007; slightly better derailuers, big tires to get your legs pumped, slightly better looking frame.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Regardless of what you think about RS and with the known lack of warranty, with that extra 20% off I don't know how you can't seriously consider them if you are looking for a 6 point.

$1200 for a 6 point 4, $1600 for a 6 point 6. Granted they are 2008 models, but how can you beat that?