mtbr member

warrior elite ?? good or what ??

Hello there fellow MTBR'ers

A friend of mine just get the bite for mountain biking and wants to replace his old giant of the late 90's.

He looking to buy a Iron Horse Warrior Elite. I've looked at it and for 899$ i think the component mix is pretty good. I can make a statement of the parts but i don't know the ride.

Is it any good ? how does it feel ? weight... any pros and cons ???

Please help my buddy spend his hard earned $$$

mtbr member
    May 2006
    My wife and I recently picked up two Warriors from RSC, which is where I'm assuming your looking. I picked up the Elite, and the wife got a Warrior Pro as she needed a 15" bike.

After riding it for about a month now, I couldn't be happier with the bike. It would have been a good buy at the $1,500 MSRP. For $899 it's a no brainer.

I'm mostly a trail rider. I don't do lift type downhills, or jump off of two story buildings . I do ride it hard over a lot of rough rocky terrian, log jams, short hard climbs etc. It is very well balanced and smooth riding. The Rock Shox Reba SL fork is a "major" upgrade over the Manitou Splice on the Pro, and I was able to dial in both the fork and the rear shock nicely. So far, everything works as advertised.

The only thing about the entire purchase that was a bit disappointing was the aforementioned Splice fork on my wifes Warrior Pro. It has, practically speaking, no adjustability at all. Luckily she's very light, and that seems to help. I dropped my 210lb self on to try it, and it barely worked for me.Other than that, her Pro is also an excellent bike for the money.

I would recommend that your buddy snap up one while they're still available. If he weighs more than 150lbs, and buys the Pro, he's going to be shopping for a fork upgrade right quick anyway.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more specific questions....

Scott

mtbjk

warrior elite

nice bike, spec,d well , good fork with lots of tunability good reliable drive train and not to heavy for a five inch travel bike and has hydrolic shimano lx brakes that are really good and lx drive train great bike for the money cant touch any thing in the local bike shops for under &1500 comparably spec,d wish I had the extra money to by one so I could do some bigger drops dont do anything over about two feet on my 04 hollowpoint but would not hesitate on the warrior cause it is one tough bike . reed my review on the warrior that i just put together for a freind of mine the bike rocks and cant beet the price and I believe rs cycles still have some 19 left anfor $ 899 cant beet that price and Im 5'7 and it fit me well with the slopping top tube and my freind is about 5'11 or 6" foot and it also fit him well . the bike was a little long for me but could take care of finishing the fit with a strait seat post and a shorter stem and be dialed in perfect and had pleanty of standover on te bike .I say go for it you cant loose
    Ride On Jan R