Thread: Warrior Comp?

mtbr member

Warrior Comp?

I got this in a trade for a city bike I built for a friend. Worth keeping? Worth swapping parts over to a nicer (steel) frame? Ride as-is? Thanks.

banned
    Nov 2011
    Sorry for the late reply, but just got back on MTBR after a bit over a year lay-off from here.

It is a strong and fairly lite frame the IH Warrior Comp, and has good reviews from what I have seen. I have one IH HT, a IH Yakuza Gashira and two other IH FS steeds and they are very tough bikes by far and i am very satisfied with them even after 5 years riding them.

Good luck and wishing you the best!

On-On!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I have a 2005 Warrior Comp. In stock form it was a a pretty strong entry level bike. Shimano Deore 3x9 components (derailleurs and shifters) are good quality.The Hayes disc brakes are "okay" but the fork (Manitou Axel Comp 100mm) leaves a lot to be desired. It's a pogo stick.

I still have mine and it is in stock form. It has seen many miles on the mountain both ridden by myself and by my friends. It still looks almost new. I wouldn't hesitate to use it in a pinch or use it as a "spare" for friends, etc. again. However, for the most part it has been relegated to "trailer puller" for my twin toddlers when my family goes for a ride together.

Again...a pretty good quality entry level bike and it came stock with components which were better than what the comparable Hardrocks of the day came with (I have a 2004 HR as well). The Deore components might even be a tad bit better than what some companies are offering on their entry level bikes today.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I'm not sure if it's the exact same frame, but I just spent a year on a warrior pro and loved it. It wasn't the easiest bike to pedal but anything pointing down it was an absolute blast. Super strong, stiff, and durable. I never once doubted the stoutness or construction. It is a very versatile frame. I think you'll really enjoy it.