Thread: Warrior 4.5

A Enigma wrapped in Bacon

Warrior 4.5

sort of a an X-post from the drivetrain forum here...... I have a Warrior 4.5, which is a nice, single pivot full suspension AM capable frame. I have had problems from day 1 with getting the drivetrain (2x9) dialed in. I've trashed a RDR hanger, along with the RDR after that, I snapped a chain, and flatted (unrelated) and just today, I threw a sram gold quick link. I love this bike. I so much want to get it dialed in and firing on all 8, so to speak. I have been riding for 20 or so years, and have yet to have this much trouble with the drivetrain on any of my bikes. Could it be a lemon? Should I persevere? Or should I chuck it and go hardtail SS?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Chain Guide?

Quote Originally Posted by HOOKEM View Post
    sort of a an X-post from the drivetrain forum here...... I have a Warrior 4.5, which is a nice, single pivot full suspension AM capable frame. I have had problems from day 1 with getting the drivetrain (2x9) dialed in. I've trashed a RDR hanger, along with the RDR after that, I snapped a chain, and flatted (unrelated) and just today, I threw a sram gold quick link. I love this bike. I so much want to get it dialed in and firing on all 8, so to speak. I have been riding for 20 or so years, and have yet to have this much trouble with the drivetrain on any of my bikes. Could it be a lemon? Should I persevere? Or should I chuck it and go hardtail SS?
    What Chain guide do you run? If any..
    E-13 works great I run on my Warrior Trail "AM" and on my Yakuza Sohon Bocho "DH".
    That single Pivot Swing arm and high BB expose a lage amount of chain and Drivetrain to the elements. I discovered with my Warrior that it needed a chain guide as I kept dropping my chain and throwing quick links with the rear suspension movement..

A Enigma wrapped in Bacon
    Running a bash guard, but no chain guide. How would I run a chain guide on a 2x9? I thought you could only run a chain guide on a single chainring up front......

FWIW- I put on a new chain, gave it an extra link this time, and I haven't had a problem yet (only 2 rides) so far so good....