mtbr member

upgradeing my Maverick 5.0

This is my first post i am just getting in to mtb my bike is a 07 maverick 5.0. I was given a xt group and rpmlite wheelset, was gonna just buy another frame and do a fresh build but too much $$$ for me right now. So i can't use the brakes and wheels cause the frame doesnt take v brakes... ahhh well I just droped my IH off today after a long ride, I cant wait to get it back and ill post some pics.

any recommendations on forks???

mtbr member
    errrr the tech broke my derailer hanger and supposeally my bb is frozen. sooo pissed so i took my bike to performance where i bought it. hopefully they can fix it.... shhh i my just by a azure or mkiii

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I bought the 5.0 from Performance also. I think it's a decent bike, so far.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune at Performance, I'm due for my 30 day tune up, and I think I need some adjustments, so I hope I have a little better luck.

This is probably more bike than I'll ever need, but upgrading is always an option. Let me know what you do to yours, pics are good!

mtbr member
    Sorry for the confusion I took my bike to another shop they messed up my bike.... luckly Performance fixed my bike I took some pics but they look like **** cause It was already dark. I never thought a group could make such a difference, I also use my bike like a road bike and took it for a spin... hills I'm normally huffing and puffing up I was able to climb with ease. Well here are the pics.

next is the fork

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Looks great. So, the XT package really makes that much difference? How much was the fork?

mtbr member
    I guess the hollowtech crank make the ease of pedaling easier and the gearing is probably better.... I am going to test it off road today at O.P. Schanbel park here in San Antonio probably one of the better places to go here. I still have the oe fork on there but want to upgrade to something better.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    That's odd, mine came with a Rock Shox Toro.

mtbr member
    great ride but i guess i hit it a little too hard and bent the sh out of my front wheel, probably messed up my tire also.

And you got a good deal on getting that fork the spec on the IH website indicates rock shox dart