Dropshot Champ!

Hope There goes the rear shock! New shock Q's

haha too much downieville over the last few years I guess!

7.5x2 float r sounds like DEATH! I was contemplating getting it pushed, but that's a fairly expensive option!

Anyone have a broken frame with a low compression tune / low rebound tune float r / rp2 / rp23 they have just laying around? I realize this isn't a small item, but I've got cash in hand pm me

Also, if I were to get it pushed, what options would you guys recommend?

Riding Style:
    Plush - Propedal or Lockout firmness is NOT as important as bump sensitivity
    Trail - I don't race, but like to have the ability to firm up my suspension with my external adjusters
    Race - Propedal or Lockout firmness is VERY important to me
    Big Hit - A little sacrifice in small bump sensitivity to gain control on drops and jumps
    Downhill - Fast and flowy is my style. I hit drops and jumps but prefer transitions.

Big hit and dh are outta the question. Trail shouldn't concern me....since I don't HAVE any external adjusters on a float r. That puts me between plush and race. I like the factory settings on the shock for climbing, and it seems fairly plush on the dh. I just fear getting it push'd for plush tune, that it would wallow mid-stroke and feel like ass climbing.

Who hear has push tuned their mk3 shock? What did you go with? What's your weight and riding style?

Thanks guys!

-Adrian

mtbr member
    You want the plush tune for sure. DW link likes little to no low speed compression. You don't have to take my word for it though, give Push a call and they can help you figure it out.

DRS

mtbr member
    Also I have a working Float R with a small but repaired nick on the shaft lying around. Problem is it only comes attached to a size small 2006 MKIII that I was planning on selling all together in the spring, but could make it available as early as next week .

I also have one of the original 5th Element Air that is still working and holding air, but was starting to seep a tiny bit of oil around the seals when I replaced it with the Float. It might get you through getting your Float pushed though. Super cheap for that one.

Dropshot Champ!
    I've been emailing push about the trail kit.

no other mkiii owners have done this? hard to believe. post up!

Dropshot Champ!
    well im sending it out to get push'd, sure wish I had some replies here!

Dropshot Champ!
    went with the trail tune. feels amazing around the block. will put it through the paces soon

Dropshot Champ!
    did a super D race in chico with the new push shock right outta the box. massively better.

I have yet to climb with it. I'm hoping it still climbs well, but I'm concerned with just how plush it is if thats possible.