Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Who put that rut there?
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    221

    New question here. SkaTodd...Couple of Q's for you

    Where can I find any kind of pictures or specs on some of the MY05 bikes from IH? I currently ride an '03 HP Expert with a bunch of upgrades. I am mostly an XC rider with too much downhilling thrown in. I live in SoCal and do quite a few rides where more travel is necessary. I really want to focus on some more freeriding as I think going uphill sucks. I saw somebody's post about a HP MTX and was wondering if that is an '05 build. I also saw about the new '05 SGS it looked like but was unsure since it is a secret ride.

    What if anything can you steer me toward because I'm considering the SGS FR with a DC fork or the Santa Cruz VP Free? I am going tomorrow to test ride the SGS and a Demo 9 at Supergo.

    Another question, is it possible to put a chain guide on an HP with a triple chainring and if so, how does that work? I thought a chain guide was for single or double ring fronts only.

    Thanks for the info and I love the HP. Have not had a bad day on it since I got it...bad crashes yes...not a bad day though!

  2. #2
    New project, TBA shortly
    Reputation: dante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by elohttub
    Where can I find any kind of pictures or specs on some of the MY05 bikes from IH? I currently ride an '03 HP Expert with a bunch of upgrades. I am mostly an XC rider with too much downhilling thrown in. I live in SoCal and do quite a few rides where more travel is necessary. I really want to focus on some more freeriding as I think going uphill sucks. I saw somebody's post about a HP MTX and was wondering if that is an '05 build. I also saw about the new '05 SGS it looked like but was unsure since it is a secret ride.

    What if anything can you steer me toward because I'm considering the SGS FR with a DC fork or the Santa Cruz VP Free? I am going tomorrow to test ride the SGS and a Demo 9 at Supergo.

    Another question, is it possible to put a chain guide on an HP with a triple chainring and if so, how does that work? I thought a chain guide was for single or double ring fronts only.

    Thanks for the info and I love the HP. Have not had a bad day on it since I got it...bad crashes yes...not a bad day though!
    For 2005 we'll have both a 5" DW-link bike and a 7" DW-link bike. Full specs will be released at Interbike. Have hardly had a chance to try out the 7", as it's with pro riders now, but what I was able to tell was that it RIPS. Pedals like a HT, and yet has 7" of smooth DW-Link travel. Will be available late fall. Named 7POINT.

    Not sure about a HP with a 3-ring guide. Todd would be one to answer that question, most guides are 2-ring but would want to verify that the guide would fit around the linkage. If you do decide to do 2 rings and a guide, try either a 36/22 or a 38/24 setup to get almost as high-low gearing as a triple but only run 2 rings.

    Glad to hear you like your HP.


  3. #3
    Who put that rut there?
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by dante
    For 2005 we'll have both a 5" DW-link bike and a 7" DW-link bike. Full specs will be released at Interbike. Have hardly had a chance to try out the 7", as it's with pro riders now, but what I was able to tell was that it RIPS. Pedals like a HT, and yet has 7" of smooth DW-Link travel. Will be available late fall. Named 7POINT.

    Not sure about a HP with a 3-ring guide. Todd would be one to answer that question, most guides are 2-ring but would want to verify that the guide would fit around the linkage. If you do decide to do 2 rings and a guide, try either a 36/22 or a 38/24 setup to get almost as high-low gearing as a triple but only run 2 rings.

    Glad to hear you like your HP.

    I'd really like to see this 7Point. It sounds like an interesting set up. I'm thinking I should just wait then until Interbike and go out to Bootleg to try it in person. Either way, what kind of pros and cons do you see with the VP Free, the Demo 9 and this new 7 point? Is it an interrupted seat stay like the SGS or consistent frame?
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win you are both retards.

  4. #4
    New project, TBA shortly
    Reputation: dante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by elohttub
    I'd really like to see this 7Point. It sounds like an interesting set up. I'm thinking I should just wait then until Interbike and go out to Bootleg to try it in person. Either way, what kind of pros and cons do you see with the VP Free, the Demo 9 and this new 7 point? Is it an interrupted seat stay like the SGS or consistent frame?
    7POINT will have an uninterrupted seat tube. Relatively light-weight (not sure of exact numbers, but should be lighter than the SGS). Short-ish chainstays. Like I said, I haven't spent much time on it, but have been riding the DW-DH bike all season and it pedals AMAZINGLY well. I can't compare it to the VP Free or the Demo 9, b/c my opinion might be just a tad biased... I'll let you ride each for yourself and find out that ours is better.

    Hope this helps,
    dante

Similar Threads

  1. A couple kayak pics....(non mtbk)
    By crashedandburned in forum Passion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-13-2004, 08:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •