mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Sitting here waiting

on fedex to deliver my bike..... Once I get it I have to strip it down to drop the frame off at the powder coaters... would like ot get started on it.
    Last edited by vegasjeep; 04-22-2010 at 07:22 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Well got the bike, put it all together and decided ill rock the but ugly yellow for a month or so and strip it down and powdercoat it. Ill get pics of the bone stock bike shortly LOL

Have to pick up a shock pump and a helmet, Which I could find a deal on a 2010 Fox Flux helmet

mtbr member
    Refresh my memory, is this a 6point that you just got?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert

Yep, just picked it up. will rock it for a couple months while I find what fork will be good to replace on it along with coil rear shock. It is that butt ugly yellow color. LOL

Ill powdercoat it white or red when i install a few new pieces i buy over the next few weeks

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Yep, just picked it up. will rock it for a couple months while I find what fork will be good to replace on it along with coil rear shock. It is that butt ugly yellow color. LOL

Ill powdercoat it white or red when i install a few new pieces i buy over the next few weeks

mtbr member
    Cool, take some pics and keep us updated on your progress.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Need help on what the front forks and rear shock should be set at for poundage s I am about 200 pounds....

I think they routed the cables wrong and Ill have to pull the grip and shifter off to move it nearest the frame for the front derailuer.

Got m old Time pedals on it from when I raced... they have less then 10 miles on them and they are probably 10 yrs old....

mtbr member
    Nice ride. The yellow doesn't look too bad to me, and it matches your quad.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Nice ride. The yellow doesn't look too bad to me, and it matches your quad.

HAHAHAHA Thats HER quad and it has black plastics about to go on it... mines already white and black.. LOL

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Need help on what the front forks and rear shock should be set at for poundage s I am about 200 pounds....

I think they routed the cables wrong and Ill have to pull the grip and shifter off to move it nearest the frame for the front derailuer.

Got m old Time pedals on it from when I raced... they have less then 10 miles on them and they are probably 10 yrs old....

Dropshot Champ!
    that color looks way better from your pix than on the rscycle site man. I'd keep it!

GAME ON!
    i have no objection to that yellow

banned
    Stock Minions, Sweet.

mtbr member
    Yea, forget the powder coat! Ride that SOB for a little while, have some fun, then maybe when the seasons over and you get bored, paint it up.

In the mean time, congrats, and have fun on your new ride

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator Z
    Yea, forget the powder coat! Ride that SOB for a little while, have some fun, then maybe when the seasons over and you get bored, paint it up.

In the mean time, congrats, and have fun on your new ride
    Like RedMR2 man said, the color is no where as "pasty" as on RScycle pics on their site. I can live with it.

I have an older cheaper schwinn i found for my girl to make her interested in riding. It is nothing special. however she has not ridden in years... since high school. SO once she gets involved this bike is probably going to her and I will build me up the bike I really want. might be smarter idea as well.

in the mean time my cycling legs are toast and non existent, and on my second ride i got a front flat. I believe the spoke is not under the rim strap. Ill have to pull them apart and see. It went flat utterly quick!

mtbr member
    Looks good! I don't think the yellow is that bad, wouldn't be my first choice, but it's not bad... I have a 55 TST2 on my MKIII, and I usually run the air pressure at about 40-50lbs. Seems to be about right for me, and I'm right at 200lbs. I have a different shock, so I would assume that the settings will be different. But I would pump it up to about 175psi and check the sag and go up or down from there. It'll probably need to be closer to your body weight...