mtbr member
    Sep 2009

New question here. Should I buy a Iron Horse Sachem 4.0 from Randal Scott

Ok I need some input from fellow riders and consumers. I'm thinking about buying a Iron Horse Sachem 4.0 off of Randal Scott Cycle website but I'm a little hesitant because of all the poor publicity on here and the fact that Iron Horse does not warranty their frames. Please any input would be greatly appreciated. The big selling point is that I can get the bike for more than half off! That's a hard deal to pass up. What do you say???

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    From one who has had to deal with these people, save yourself the headache. Buy something you can have confidence in, and if there are problems "Warranty" you won't be screwed. I wouldn't want to pedal that bike up any climbs, I'm sure it's very heavy, not much of an do everything all mountain bike, look around you can do MUCH better.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Not a good idea.

I know it looks appealing but I had the same idea when I purchased the warrior 4.0 one month ago, The frame is good and a couple parts were ok but the rest was walmart quality. I know you think that buy paying a little more you will escape the walmart style bikes but that sachem has low grade parts that are found on walmart bikes. The front fork will be bouncy like a damn pogo stick, you will be very unhappy, listen to what these people on mtbr tell you, I have learned alot in the past month from mtbr and I wish I would have asked questions before I bought that iron horse, I ended up spending 500 dollars to upgrade the parts because I love the way the frame looks, now its a decent bike but I could have gotten a better bike for the money I spent.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I have an '07 Sachem 6.0. I like it but it is very heavy, about 40 lbs. If you like climbing hills don't buy a Sachem.

mtbr member
    Spend a little more $$$ and get a 6.4 or a MKiii, the bikes are a good value at the price regardless of the lack of warranty. Low end bikes are just that....