mtbr member
    Dec 2008

school me on the 6 point and 7 point.

There does not seem to be much info out there with ih out of business on the bikes, I do alot of freeride all mountain riding on an 08 intense ss, but have been drooling on the ih. I have to do some huge climbs to things but really focus on the steep rough down hills in co. What are the main differences between the two, ht angles, climbing ability, ht dimensions 1.5? Whats the weight of an average build, is there really that much difference between them?

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    About 1.5" of wheelbase, 1.5 headtube and a degree slacker for the 7 point. 6 Point is better for tech FR and skinnies because it's more maneuverable IMHO. Both share the same rear triangle, have 83mm BB's and 150x12 rear's so very VERY strong and very well suited to FR. If you have a long torso go 7 point. If normal to short torso go 6 Point. Steeper HTA climbs better on the 6 Point as well and about 1.5 lbs lighter I'd say. My 6 Point is setup for pure FR and weighs about 36.5 lbs. You can get them down to about 32-33 lbs with weak/light components.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    thanks gman, i was having a hard time diggin up anything on them with there site the way it is. Do you know a frame weight with shock? I have my intense slopestyle built up at about 34lbs but its way to flexy for my taste. Are either of these bikes suitable for an occasional all day xc epic full of climbing?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by katoom250
    thanks gman, i was having a hard time diggin up anything on them with there site the way it is. Do you know a frame weight with shock? I have my intense slopestyle built up at about 34lbs but its way to flexy for my taste. Are either of these bikes suitable for an occasional all day xc epic full of climbing?

The 6 point blurs the lines between xc and freeride... the 7 point is definitely freeride.

If you get a 7 point and build it light enough for all day xc epics, what is the point of doing that on a hardcore freeride bike?

Unfortunately I didn't write it down but I seem to recall large 6 point frame w/ dhx air was just under 9 pounds.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Oh and let me add, the 6 point is definitely NOT flexy. That is something I noticed right away. Very happy with the feel of it, very solid.

mtbr member

The 2007 19" 6point frame with DHX5 air and headset cups weighs 8.1 lbs. This info is taken directly from the IH frame weight thread and was posted by a very reputable source.

I am not sure if you will think the 6point is flexy or not. I have read posts from a few people on the Turner forum who have said they thought the 6point they rode was flexy.

I own a 07 6point8 frame. I have ridden it a lot for the last 3 seasons. I do not notice any flex.
    Mine weighs about 37.5 pounds.
    I run a a 2007 180mm Marzocchi 66 RC2X.
    I run X9 shifters and Derailleurs.
    FSA Gravity light crankset.
    Avid Code5/ Hayes 9 brakeset. 203/160mm
    DT 5.1d/Hope Pro 2 wheelset.
    Kenda Nevegal 2.5 single ply front / Maxxiss Minion DHF 2.5 EXO rear.
    SHimano DX clipless platform pedals.

I have yet to replace any pivot bearings although I have plenty of spares. I do grease once a season at least.

35lbs is a realistic weight for a lighter build. I would lose 1.5lbs easy with a Float 160 or Lyrik 170...

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by wormvine
    The 2007 19" 6point frame with DHX5 air and headset cups weighs 8.1 lbs. This info is taken directly from the IH frame weight thread and was posted by a very reputable source.

I am not sure if you will think the 6point is flexy or not. I have read posts from a few people on the Turner forum who have said they thought the 6point they rode was flexy.

I own a 07 6point8 frame. I have ridden it a lot for the last 3 seasons. I do not notice any flex.
    Mine weighs about 37.5 pounds.
    I run a a 2007 180mm Marzocchi 66 RC2X.
    I run X9 shifters and Derailleurs.
    FSA Gravity light crankset.
    Avid Code5/ Hayes 9 brakeset. 203/160mm
    DT 5.1d/Hope Pro 2 wheelset.
    Kenda Nevegal 2.5 single ply front / Maxxiss Minion DHF 2.5 EXO rear.
    SHimano DX clipless platform pedals.

I have yet to replace any pivot bearings although I have plenty of spares. I do grease once a season at least.

35lbs is a realistic weight for a lighter build. I would lose 1.5lbs easy with a Float 160 or Lyrik 170...

^^ his specs and details are more accurate than mine. thinking back I kind of doubt it was 9 pounds w/ air shock like I said earlier, that was probably the weight with a coil shock.