I like air!

rear hub size for a 04 IH SGS DH

Does anyone know what the size of the rear hub is off a 04 IH SGS DH? I'm not sure if its 165 or 170?

mtbr member
    I'm pretty sure that it's 165x12mm.

toby

I like air!
    Quote Originally Posted by in the trees
    I'm pretty sure that it's 165x12mm.

toby
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by milhouse
    Does anyone know what the size of the rear hub is off a 04 IH SGS DH? I'm not sure if its 165 or 170?
    Yep, it is a 165MM. I just got a DT-Swiss 440 FR hub laced to an ATOMLAB DHR rim. It cost me $475.00!! So I know FOR SURE that it's a 165MM. Here is a pic:

http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/phot...w&image=653230

I like air!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Peru
    Yep, it is a 165MM. I just got a DT-Swiss 440 FR hub laced to an ATOMLAB DHR rim. It cost me $475.00!! So I know FOR SURE that it's a 165MM. Here is a pic:

http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/phot...w&image=653230
    Yea, thats one of the only hub choices I could find and I couldnt bring myself to spend $400+ on a hub. The WTB works fine but I wanted to up to 36 spokes. How you like that fork on that bike? I was looking at either getting a new frame or a new fork (same one you have) and I cant deside. Thanks for confirmation!

mtbr member
    Doesn't Hadley make a hub in a 165mm spacing/thru-axle? If they do, that'd be my choice. I thought that I remember seeing one on a frame with the same spacing before. Give them a call @ 909-946-6780.

toby

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by in the trees
    Doesn't Hadley make a hub in a 165mm spacing/thru-axle? If they do, that'd be my choice. I thought that I remember seeing one on a frame with the same spacing before. Give them a call @ 909-946-6780.

toby
    Yes, in fact the 04 SGS World Cup has that hub, I think.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by milhouse
    Yea, thats one of the only hub choices I could find and I couldnt bring myself to spend $400+ on a hub. The WTB works fine but I wanted to up to 36 spokes. How you like that fork on that bike? I was looking at either getting a new frame or a new fork (same one you have) and I cant deside. Thanks for confirmation!
    I love the Shiver on my bike! At first, this frame frustrated me with the strange sizes. But now since I have built it up so much, it is pretty much bullet proof. The Shiver cost almost as much as the original price of the bike. It is a fantastic fork.

My bike is 100% "point and shoot" now. It will take just about everything I give it. The only thing I have not upgraded is the seat post. For how much I have dropped on this bike, I could have got another one but I love that my IH is so "stealth" as I call it. Nobody can tell what it is. They always ask.

Eventually, I may get a new frame?!?! But right now I am just really enjoying my bike. I have like 4 grand into it now.

Back to the DT-Swiss hub, I just wish it was louder... I know that it is kinda strange to want that but i do. However, the LBS guy said that it will get louder the more I ride it. The Hadley was LOUD. But the DT-Swiss was a better hub (according to reviews I read and people I respect opinions.)
    Last edited by Bobby Peru; 11-18-2005 at 06:44 PM.