mtbr member
    Oct 2006

question concerning resale of Iron horse warrior Elite

Hello all! I am new to mountain biking and mtbr.com! I have a question concerning the resale value of my iron horse frame. I am currently transferring some components from my 2005 IH warrior Elite full suspension bike to my new frame. I want to soften the cost of my new frame by reselling my IH. I'm having trouble finding a good price to list it at so I thought I'd ask for help! Here are all the goodies I want to leave attached to the frame to help sell the frame quicker.

- 2005 Iron Horse Warrior Elite (used barely any scratches used for 2 months)
    - Rocks Shox Bar 2.1
    - TruVativ Blaze and Power Spline Bottom Bracket
    - Easton Seat Stem
    - Cable housing and cable
    - Aheadset headset

all used for about two months of newbie easy riding....

All comments greatly appreciated!!!!

AKA. Molasses
    Aug 2006

Can't tell, but...

... if it helps, I think I have seen the 2006 IH Warrior frame, new, for $300 at adrenaline bikes.

Not trying to derail the thread, but may I ask why you did not like the frame? I just got a warrior myself, so I am curious.

Javier

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Javier
    ... if it helps, I think I have seen the 2006 IH Warrior frame, new, for $300 at adrenaline bikes.

Not trying to derail the thread, but may I ask why you did not like the frame? I just got a warrior myself, so I am curious.

Javier
    Thanks for the post. I am selling this frame becuase I upgraded to a specialized stumpjumper FSR. The IH frame felt very heavy and the single pivot design was not cool. I also got a great deal on the specialized frame.

Was that IH warrior frame FS or hardtail?

AKA. Molasses
    Aug 2006

Sorry. I lied.

I lied to you. The frame I saw was $399. Scroll down on this page and you will see it. It says famous brand... 5 inch travel...

http://www.adrenalinebikes.com/store...LE&StartRow=21

Aboutsingle pivot designs, I know nothing (this being my first suspension bike), so what is not cool about it?. Now you really made me curious...

Javier

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I just swapped most of my components over from the IH to a Stumpjumper frame. I've been riding for 2 months and this is my firstbuild.