Thread: Quantum II?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Quantum II?

I have searched all over the net and found only a single thread here somewhat describing where the iron horse quantum 2 comes from. The one i saw was all black with a rock shox dart 1 fork, sram shifters/front/rear derailer and hayes mech discs. Looked impressive for the price of $329 on sale and i just want to know if this is part of the iron horse regular line or something they put together for large retail chains? Also does anyone have any regular specs for this bike or just what i see is what i get? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by WarpDS-2; 03-26-2007 at 06:05 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2006

I saw that

It goes for 599 in North CA Sport authority. Where did you see yours at?

You know what though, there was a diamond back response for 399 standing next to it. I lift both up and they weight very similar. I know the diamond back is about 35 pounds. On the contrary, last nite I was at REI and saw a Cannondale for 549, very similar parts. Just a thought.

I too was thinking this is not part of the regular ironhorse line.

mtbr member
    I just picked mine up from Sports Authority in Tucson today. Paid $329.00 and seems like a good bike so far. Mine has the Marzocchi MZ Comp front shock, sram shifters/front/rear derailer and hayes mech discs. I like the Black on black rims/spokes, and ot rides very well for a big guy like me(220lbs).
    The only downside to is that I cant find anything about it online. There is another thread on this site about the Quantum stating it is similar to the Maverick. I looked it up on the Iron Horse site and aside from different mechanicals here and there the fram and set up is similar.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thats wierd my quantum2 that i got came with rockshox dart1 forks......does yours have all sealed bearings etc.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo92
    Thats wierd my quantum2 that i got came with rockshox dart1 forks......does yours have all sealed bearings etc.
    Thats because The Sports Authority still carries the 2006 Model! The model with the Rockshox is the New 2007 line..the other is the old 2006 model. They must still have backstock of the 2006 model and cant discount it further than they already have to clear them out. It is a great bike and value for the money, most people buying a bike at sports authority are going to buy Mongoose or Diamondback as its more of a commercialized known name and only true biking enthusiasts will notice Iron Horse as a reputable make.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I've also been looking for into on this bike....im deciding between the IH quantum II or the new 2007 IH maverick 3.0 what would you guys suggest???

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by knowell
    I've also been looking for into on this bike....im deciding between the IH quantum II or the new 2007 IH maverick 3.0 what would you guys suggest???
    Since the Quantum is simply a re badged Maverick with some small customizations and the Quantum is $299 right now I would say go with the Quamtum if your budget is tight. Go to the store and inspect the Quantum and then go to the local bike shop and inspect the Maverick if you have the luxury and make a educated decision. Ive looked at and test rode both, the feel of the ride is not noticeable at all between the two. Sports Authority also has a $10 coupon in their weekly add this week that brings the bike down to 289.99.

JSUT HAVING A GOOD TIME!
    Jun 2007

... and if we just ... sweet

Hey i have a 07 Quantum and talked to a I.H. rep and he said the Quantum is basically a SMU bike or (Special Make Up) for stores such as Sports Authority,but is a Maverick Frame with diffrent badging,so its basically the same iv compared the two for about 2 weeks before my awesome wife bought me one so as far as specs go, its the same! So there some knowledge for all!
    Friends dont let friends ride JUNK!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Old thread but got a picture of mine finnaly
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Smile i rode one today.

i picked one up at a sports authority after doing some research. i was going to get a specialized at a LBS but they didn't have the size i wanted. i saw in the local advertisement that this bike was for sale and wanted to go look at it. it must have been in the cards, the last one they had was my size!

it has identical parts (disc brakes, derailers) to the specialized, and wieghed about the same. and, the best part, it was only 349 dollars on sale, as opposed to 650 bucks at the bike shop.. so my wife was happy about that!

i rode it this morning and only had a few minor problems. overall a pretty good bike in my opinion. i weigh 205 and it felt good. Chain was slappy and sloppy tho. i might want to upgrade my de-railers.. the chain popped off the front sprocket twice while pulling power up a hill. quick fix, and i was back on my way. it just slows down momentum, tho. Downhill was fun! disc brakes work good. you can give the handle a pulse to use it like a anti-skid mechanism. what a blast!
    full speed downhill yard sale, coming thru!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Lol (dates). Just picked a used one up (hardly ever ridden), new $650, got it for $260. I'm loving it so far.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Mines been pretty solid as well. Tektro ioX brakes are terrible though.