Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Call me Andy.

Post Your IH Hardtail Photos!

Well I've been looking at the other IH photo thread, but I didn't see any photos of Hardtails so I just made this thread. I doubt anybody will even read this, but at least /i tried. I would start with my bike, but since I decided to post this now (my stupidity) its too dark out to get a reasonable picture. Post your photos with a short, sweet, and to the point description of upgrades or parts you have found to be really good stock. I'll get a picture of mine up A.S.A.P.

Andy

GAME ON!
    i think most of us ride a fully

Call me Andy.
    Yeah. Iron Horse only makes 1 hardtail, and most are in past years. So I dont expect to get many posts, but thats alright. And I really want a full suspension bike, but I'm just gettin into the sport so I will just hold off for now, until i see like a screaming deal. And any reccomendations on a nice Iron Horse full suspension bike on a budget?

Andy

Call me Andy.
    Finally took pictures in my "studio" a.k.a the garage door with old sheets clamped to the garage door with vice grips. now that, my friend, is redneck ingenuity.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your IH Hardtail Photos!-205kb-my-bike.jpg  

mtbr member
    I have a Warrior 5.5 hardtail. I'll post a pic later (or you can check out my avatar).

mtbr member
    ...and here she is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your IH Hardtail Photos!-ih_wm.jpg  

Citizen Of Earth
    May 2008
    Yap, good lookin bikes, but most of us on IH's tend to ride fullys.
    "If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." ~ J. Whittaker

mtbr member
    But there are at least two hardtails out there! (And we have the pics to prove it, lol.)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2007Quantum2
    Finally took pictures in my "studio" a.k.a the garage door with old sheets clamped to the garage door with vice grips. now that, my friend, is redneck ingenuity.
    you want to get rid of that kickstand ASAP. a giant steel rod sticking out of the bottom of your bike is not what something you want to have when riding over rocks.

Call me Andy.
    I would remove the kickstand, but since i live in florida, the trails are crap, and i have no way of getting to an area with good, rocky trails so i dont have to worry about it. Plus i put pieces of an old innertube between the frame and the stand, so its not going to gouge the frame. And thanks for replying to this post, lol

mtbr member
    And thanks for replying to this post, lol
    Seriously, there has got to be more than two Iron Horse hardtails out there!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    There sure is more out there... Sports authority special... I don't ride it much any more since I got my full suspension. Its more my loaner bike/backup bike/XC bike which I don't do much XC. My next step is to rebuilt it with new nice parts rather than the bottom of the line department store parts.

Call me Andy.
    K'mon people. I know theres more of you out there...somewhere!

yeah i also own a quantum 2 which i upgraded till the only things left were the frame and fork
    List of some of the changes:
    Odi ruffian lockon grips
    Xt Front and back Derailleurs
    Easton ea70 monkeybars
    WTB Rocket Race Saddle
    WTB Duel duty Rims Laced To XT hubs
    And a few other changed i cant remember

Sadly this bike has been retired for active duty and now serves as a loan out bike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your IH Hardtail Photos!-bikes-008.jpg  

Post Your IH Hardtail Photos!-rides-0031.jpg  

Haro Shift R7 RS Sid, Fox Float RL, XT/Lx Mix, 2x9 FSA Carbon Pro Team with BBG Bashguard
    Rockhopper Comp, IH Quantium 2

Call me Andy.
    Nice ride

What brakes do you have on it?

Nice ride

What brakes do you have on it?
    I've swapped them a few times so not sure but I think in the picture it has the stock hayes mx4 but I've gone to bb7s and back truthfully i was very shocked with the performance of the MX4's once dialed in.
    Haro Shift R7 RS Sid, Fox Float RL, XT/Lx Mix, 2x9 FSA Carbon Pro Team with BBG Bashguard
    Rockhopper Comp, IH Quantium 2

Call me Andy.
    Can't wait until I get my Recon back from SRAM. It looks great on the bike, and as soon as I get it back on the bike, I'll post photos.

Keep 'em coming!!!!
    West Melbourne, FL

2007 Iron Horse Quantum II
    1993 Cannondale Delta V 700

Heck Yes!
    Here it is! my maverick 5.5! so far new IRC MythosXCII tires and Sette Duo riser bars are the only upgrades.

[IMG][/IMG]

And yes I don't have the front derailer thing...It was broken when I got it (used) and I never replaced it...middle ring is good for all around riding! Love this bike!
    Yeah! I can bust a wheelie!

Call me Andy.
    Nice ride! Good to see one with some mud on it. You can get a front derailleur from Jenson USA for cheap. I think there is one for $6, on sale from $25 or so. Thats the best site to use. Since you will have to eventually anyways, I reccommend getting rotors like mine, which are Hayes V6's.

Happy riding,
    Andy
    West Melbourne, FL

2007 Iron Horse Quantum II
    1993 Cannondale Delta V 700

No longer a hardtailkid.
    Nice Bikes!

kid

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

2005 IH Yakuza Waka Gishira

not sure how many of these are out there but i've got one of them. got maxxis hookworms on it right now but usually have some DH tires on it.
    Photobucket

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Old School IH

I'm sure this is a far-distant memory for most - 1997 IronHorse MT400 with the old "A-Frame" geometry (See attached pic). The picture is from last Friday morning - I snuck in a quick ride before the big snow came (~20 more inches).

I bought this in summer 1998 when I graduated from college. I did some pretty intense riding in college on a rigid Scott bike, but the fork got bent when a friend rode it into a log. This was my big "upgrade" to front suspension. It didn't see a whole lot of action until 10 years later, when I moved to within 2 miles of a mtn bike trail system. So it's still in good shape - tires, seat, and brake pads are the only things I've changed. I may have out grown the aggressive XC body positioning, which makes technical/rocky downhill a bit sketchy, so I'm now considering moving to a 29er HT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your IH Hardtail Photos!-sspx0262b.jpg  

knock-knock...
    i smell a rat-Patrick Henry

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Wow, another A-Frame - what year/model is that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast