Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

warrior 3.0

fixed it up today, will run it and tweak it tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your IH Hardtail Photos!-23459_108248905858240_100000193920242_213237_3497165_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    The lowly 2007 Maverick 1.2 from Dick's. Was about 1/2 the price of a Trek 3900 and aside from paint... identicle bike, same fork, frame...

Been a good bike, slightly upgraded, Avid SD 5 brakes, Titec bars, stem, post. My only complaint, no disk tabs on the frame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your IH Hardtail Photos!-bike1.jpg  

knock-knock...
    Quote Originally Posted by TedS123
    Wow, another A-Frame - what year/model is that?
    Sorry for the late response, I never came back to check this thread.

I believe it is a 94or 5. Most of the bike was found in a ditch, so I only know from hearsay really, but it originally had a rigid fork on it (which was stock).

Putting the current fork on slackened it out a bit, and made it a fair amount more fun to ride, except the bottom bracket was a little high...
    i smell a rat-Patrick Henry

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Now that's a bike with some interesting history!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I have an old A-frame, 1998 or so Flagstaff. Friends use it when they are over. I have been thinking of fixing it up. I love the Ergos. Just not sure what I am going to do with it. Got it new after college. Here is a random pic I found on google.

No longer a hardtailkid.
    This thread cant die!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonys
    Its still just the push of a button away...
    I am no longer a hardtailkid. 2012 Trek Remedy 9!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Bought it new a few years ago. It has seen all 4 corners of the U.S. I currently live in Denver. All original components.

I plan on retiring it and buying a nice 29er as soon as I find a good deal.

No longer a hardtailkid.
    Just for anyone who cares, I am 2007Quantum2. That acct. was banned for some really dumb reason.

No longer a hardtailkid.
    An update of my bike:
    New RockShox Recon 351 U-Turn
    New Avid SD-7 brake levers
    New RaceFace Diabolous Lock On grips
    New RaceFace Deus XC stem
    New Answer Alumilite Handlebar
    New Vredestein Tiger Claw XC-G tires
    And New Shimano Alivio shifters.

These parts will be on the bike sometime before October (and thats at the absolute latest):
    Hope Pro II hubs, Sun Equalizer 23 rims, DT brass Pro-Lock black nips, DT Comp spokes
    Ashima rotors
    New cassette
    XT M770 Rear Derailleur
    Saint front derailleur
    New cables/housing front and rear brakes and gears
    Brand-X lightweight allen key skewer set
    Wellgo V8 copy pedals
    SRAM PC830 chain
    New saddle and hopefully a new seatpost, but 30.8mm seatposts are as rare as hens teeth
    All replacements are justified, if you want to know why I am replacing everything, just ask and I will tell.
    Last edited by hardtailkid; 06-04-2010 at 03:44 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    This is my wife's Warrior Comp. I got it from Performance bike about 2 years ago for $350. When I upgrade my bikes her bike gets my old parts, so its got some pretty good upgrades. The Truvativ Isoflow cranks had to go because the arms kept falling off, I replaced them with an LX I got new on ebay for $68. I am really happy about the Crossmax wheels because I was able to pick them up off craigslist for $250. The only stock parts left on it are the frame, pedals, derailleurs, shifters and grips. The bike started at 32lbs and now tips the scales at 24.5 lbs.

2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

No longer a hardtailkid.
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith
    This is my wife's Warrior Comp. I got it from Performance bike about 2 years ago for $350. When I upgrade my bikes her bike gets my old parts, so its got some pretty good upgrades. The Truvativ Isoflow cranks had to go because the arms kept falling off, I replaced them with an LX I got new on ebay for $68. I am really happy about the Crossmax wheels because I was able to pick them up off craigslist for $250. The only stock parts left on it are the frame, pedals, derailleurs, shifters and grips. The bike started at 32lbs and now tips the scales at 24.5 lbs.
    Do you know how much the TruVativ IsoFlow crankset weighs? I see online that it weighs 750g and thats clearly not true, considering the crankset costs $45.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtailkid
    Do you know how much the TruVativ IsoFlow crankset weighs? I see online that it weighs 750g and thats clearly not true, considering the crankset costs $45.
    Yes, I actually weighed them after I took them off. The arms and chainrings by themselves are 860g and with bottom bracket and spacers the whole thing weighs 1250g. Pretty heavy! By switiching to the LX cranks I dropped about 320g or 0.7lbs.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

No longer a hardtailkid.
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith
    Yes, I actually weighed them after I took them off. The arms and chainrings by themselves are 860g and with bottom bracket and spacers the whole thing weighs 1250g. Pretty heavy! By switiching to the LX cranks I dropped about 320g or 0.7lbs.
    Any complaints about the LX cranks?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Any complaints about the LX cranks?
    No, they are great. And especially since they are on clearance everywhere now you can get them dirt cheap.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

No longer a hardtailkid.
    If I want 'em enough (which I most definitely do) I'd have to scrounge up another $100 because I'm about to get a TON of new parts from Chain Reaction Cycles including a wheelset

No longer a hardtailkid.
    An update of my bike:
    New RockShox Recon 351 U-Turn
    New Avid SD-7 brake levers
    New RaceFace Diabolous Lock On grips
    New RaceFace Deus XC stem
    New Answer Alumilite Handlebar
    New Vredestein Tiger Claw XC-G tires
    And New Shimano Alivio shifters.

These parts will be on the bike sometime before October (and thats at the absolute latest):
    Hope Pro II hubs, Sun Equalizer 23 rims, DT brass Pro-Lock black nips, DT Comp spokes
    Ashima rotors
    New cassette
    XT M770 Rear Derailleur
    Saint front derailleur
    New cables/housing front and rear brakes and gears
    Brand-X lightweight allen key skewer set
    Wellgo V8 copy pedals
    SRAM PC830 chain
    New saddle and hopefully a new seatpost, but 30.8mm seatposts are as rare as hens teeth
    All replacements are justified, if you want to know why I am replacing everything, just ask and I will tell.
    So I changed the list like completely! I got a screaming deal on a WTB Speed Disc wheelset with Nevegals and tubes for $119.95, so that isn't too big of an expense to say that another, better wheelset is out of the question. Depends how long it lasts.
    I bought Shimano SLX brakes front and rear! They ROCK!
    I am about to buy Shimano RT-76 6 bolt rotors, 180mm front and 160mm rear.
    I got an M772 rear derailleur.
    Hope to get either an SLX or XT front derailleur.
    New RavX shifter cable and housing set.
    Not sure on th pedals....but I reallllyyyy need some...
    New PC870 chain and PG850 cassette.

mtbr member

hardtails rool

it's all good, keep it smooth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your IH Hardtail Photos!-38232_145858168763980_100000193920242_441365_8083415_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    My first posting.
    I have a bone stock G70 that I could clean up and take a photo. I bought it at an auction sale. The bike has very little use and I think all the parts on the bike are original when the bike was purchased. I haven't been paying much attention to it because it is not my main ride. If anyone could tell me what year it was made, I'd appreciate it.
    Bob

mtbr member
    Bring a thread back from the grave............LOL

I'll post a picture of mine soon, maybe this week.

Steve
    IronHorse Quantum II 21.5" frame, LizardSkin Lock Grips, Bontrager SSR seat, CST Caballero tires.

banned
    Nov 2011

One of my IH steeds in my barn of my IH steeds. One tuff ass HT by far and have thrown it off some big features

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    My '06 Iron Horse MKIII comp, hardly anything stock left. Great bike.

Post Your IH Hardtail Photos!-2012-04-22_17-20-35_952.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2012
    It's far from a full bike but it's on its way. I picked the frame and a Manitou Sherman fork at the shops yearly bike swap for $60
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your IH Hardtail Photos!-403488_3441768646057_1325790372_32803754_1705492497_n.jpg  

Braugh Bro.
    Changed a whole lot since this picture, Saddle, seatpost, bar, stem, der. shifter, chainguide, pedals, crankset. Will get a more recent pic up once i get a chance to photo it.

it's a Yakuza Chimpira.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

My brother's Warrior Comp Disc. The bike was gutted, and all components moved onto his next bike. He gave me the frame. I believe it was about 6 lbs with headset.

Several hundred dollars later, I built this with LX shifters (with indicators removed), LX front/rear derailleurs and FSA XC external bearing BB / crankset. Got a deal on some Deore M485 hydraulic brakes (the kind that are known to leak). Went through 2 rear calipers before finding one that didn't leak. Sun DS2-XC wheels with M525 disc hubs. Topped it off with some spare parts I had laying around (gel seat, seatpost, etc). The priciest part of the bike is the 140mm dual air Revelation fork (which I also had laying around somewhere).

I often see entry level hardtails (like my IH Warrior) going for around $100 used. Given that my cheap set of wheels set me back $150, these bikes are a steal.

2.35 Nevegals up front and 2.1 in the back. I'm using it as a "light" AM hardtail.

More pics:

Last edited by tk1971; 05-09-2014 at 04:39 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    my maverick 1.5. i found it after being left outside for a while. Cannibalized a gary fisher with a ruined frame for the fork and drive train. Some vuelta zerolites to get a fresh set of hubs, shed a little weight, and give a cleaner look.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast