Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Paging SkaTodd - Fast way to get shock bushing

673 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ska todd 
#1 ·
Hey Todd, What is the quickest way I can get my hands on a lower shock busing for my 6-way off a 04 SGS DH Team. I only have one more weekend of Mountain Creek left for the season and Id like to fix it for next weekend. Also on a related note, if the bushing was worn, could that be creating a squeaking noise in the rock gardens and high speed bumps? It doesn’t squeak at all when jumping, hitting drops or slow speed bumps. I cant pinpoint where the noise is coming from but it sounds like the rear suspension. I checked that all the bolts were tight and that the shock mount bolts weren’t bent.

Thanks - Dave

#2 ·
sorry for not being Todd but... I ride an SGS and have had a few lower pivot issues. Check to see if the through pin(8mm x 60mm) is bent. This could be the root of your problem and will lead to many more. For a quick fix use an 8mm grade 8+ bolt or cap head with threads that clear the friction points. This might help??? side note: hardened bolts may shear rather than bend so that choice is up to you...good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.