digs bikes
    Jun 2004

one last try- everybody pile on this thread, its a party!

My freeriding/hollowpoint thread didn't work out as well as I had hoped, so I guess I'll come right out and tell you my situation. I need a new bike. I'm willing to spend ~1600 tops. Supergo is having a sale on the hollowpoint expert that is extremely tempting. However, I also have the option of getting a weyless xp pro for 1600 (I know I know, that sale is over). I mainly do aggressive xc, but I also dabble in freeriding/urban, and that will probably become more common when I move to Boston for school this fall. Ska Todd made it clear that the hollowpoint is not intended for freeriding, and I entirely respect that. However, I have not crossed it off the list yet, because I'm a light guy, and I have a feeling that the hp will survive... If its 31 pounds, its certainly no frail xc bike. Lemme know what you think- Thanks

trail "cleaner"

Weyless XP vs. Hollowpoint

Quote Originally Posted by Bunge
    My freeriding/hollowpoint thread didn't work out as well as I had hoped, so I guess I'll come right out and tell you my situation. I need a new bike. I'm willing to spend ~1600 tops. Supergo is having a sale on the hollowpoint expert that is extremely tempting. However, I also have the option of getting a weyless xp pro for 1600 (I know I know, that sale is over). I mainly do aggressive xc, but I also dabble in freeriding/urban, and that will probably become more common when I move to Boston for school this fall. Ska Todd made it clear that the hollowpoint is not intended for freeriding, and I entirely respect that. However, I have not crossed it off the list yet, because I'm a light guy, and I have a feeling that the hp will survive... If its 31 pounds, its certainly no frail xc bike. Lemme know what you think- Thanks

The Weyless would suite you better for the riding you described. I've ridden the Weyless and own a team Hollowpoint. The Hollowpoint is an awesome trail bike but I'd never take it out jumping or do dropoff's > 3 ft. the Easton RAD tubing on the Weyless is very strong. My Cove Stiffee hardtail is made of the same tubing and it's basically bullet proof but fairly light. The Fox Propedal shock on the Weyless cancels out the good ol 'Bob' of single pivot. my 2 pennies
    No dabs allowed!