mtbr member

No more Ironhorse???

I have a Maverick, a Warrior, and a Yakuza in the family and wanted to add a Sunday or 7point to the collection next. I have been reading online that IH shutdown

Is this true!?!? Details?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Where have you been the last 1.5 years ?

search this thread for something like "this is how it ended" for fun reading
    P.S. RS is back under different names...

mtbr member
    I have not been on bike forums ever so that may explain it. Never cared for much bike talk but I asked the guys at the Performance Bike where I got our bikes and they were unable to tell me anything but that they don't carry IH anymore.

Really sucks. Ironhorse is pretty much all my brother and I have ever ridden. Hope to see bikes make a comeback in a form other than walmart bikes.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Frijolero
    I have a Maverick, a Warrior, and a Yakuza in the family and wanted to add a Sunday or 7point to the collection next. I have been reading online that IH shutdown

Is this true!?!? Details?
    Went out about a year and a half ago.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...24952#poststop

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...79847#poststop

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...70556#poststop

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...70285#poststop
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Dont let that stop your purchase dude. there are plenty of good IH deals out there right now. If you get a DW link bike, as long as the linkage isnt worn out you should be fine. The bearings are cheap and easy to come by so they arent an issue. I still ride my Warrior, ojiki, and Kumichu. Ive never had an issue with the single pivot bikes, and dont think I ever will. If youre looking to upgrade to a similar bike, try Airborne bikes. They use the same SP frames from IH and they have some good prices. Hope this helps

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info guys. I would still very much like to get another IH. If I do, before I start beating on it I'll put my engineering student skills to work and build a CAD model from all the dimensions so I can maybe try to reproduce parts for myself if I break it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    If you need pivot parts, hangers, axles etc www.licycleworx.com has them on there website

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ihateu
    If you need pivot parts, hangers, axles etc www.licycleworx.com has them on there website
    Nice!! That should take care of the clunk in my 7 point. Thanks for posting!

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ihateu
    Thanks I have been wanting new mounting bolts!
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the link. Still does not have what I need though. I need the pivot sleeve that the sachem, warrior and yakuza use.

mtbr member