mtbr member

New (to me) Horse

I wanted to do a DH build this year, but w/ my wife expecting our second child it turned into a more budget minded build. I road on one of these last year at windrock and was very surprised at the way the bike felt and handled, so when it came time to find a frame I found one for super cheap and in good condition. A few coats of rattle can flat black and new bearings and it was ready to be built.
    The build so far

Frame: 06 IH Yakuza sohon bucho w/ fox DHX 4
    Fork: 05 888 RC (soon to be boxxer)
    Wheels: Azonic Outlaws
    Cranks: Truvativ Holzfellers
    pedals: Crankbros mallets
    Headset: Sunline
    Bars: Sunline
    Shifters/derailleur: X9
    Brakes: Elixirs 5 8"front/7rear
    seat and post: Cheap but light performance road seat and Thompson post

The total build came out to be just over 41.5 lbs, and I think I only have about $1600 into it not including parts left over from past bikes of mine as well as parts I got/borrowed/stole from good friends. Here it is, enjoy.

1ST RATE Earnest Borgnine-Ethel Merman erotic nudes!óDANGó Ethel was WAY hairier

mtbr member
    Looks good... should be a fun bike. Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dankist4x4
    ..it turned into a more budget minded build.
    The total build came out to be just over 41.5 lbs, and I think I only have about $1600 into it not including parts left over from past bikes
    That seems like a lot given you can buy a brand new one for $1400 with similar components (though you mentioned getting a Boxer, and the rear shock might be better - don't know).

I just got a used 06 as well, but it came with new '10 boxxer race on it for $800 (mavic 729 rims, hayes 9 brakes, e13 bash guard, nice seat post and saddle, and 5th elements shock (original ?). Heck the fork is at least $500 I figure (more than I need) so must be good deal.

Where did you buy new baring (single pivot I presume) as I may need those as well.

mtbr member
    X2 on the bearings please. The sleeves on my pivots are cracked.