mtbr member
    Jul 2007

New Crank for a Warrior Sport hardtail?

Hey everyone, I'm new here, and new to MTN bikes.

I have a '05 Iron Horse Warrior Sport hardtail and I need a new crank for it, as the current one is messed up again.

It currently has a Truvativ X-flow crank on it.

I have gone through one bottom bracket as when the arms get loose they tweak the spines on it. I have thread locked the bolts for the arms, but the bolts keep backing out and I'm getting tired of having to carry a ratchet around to keep them tight.

So I'm looking for a new crank that is around $250 or less.

Pic of my ride:

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I just did a bike for one of my customers who had the same issues. I did a TruVativ Blaze crankset with a TruVativ Gigapipe BB. Gets you away from the Powerspline crap and into ISIS drive. And can be done for about $100 bux. No need for anything more, but if your going for more, the FireX is also a nice crankset. You may also want to look at external BB's

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I put a Shimano LX M580 crank on my Maverick. It is a fine unit, and came with the bottom bracket. I got it from Nashbar for $125, which was a killer deal. You need a special wrench to install it, and a crank pullerand BB socket to remove your existing crank set. Your bike has the 1.37 x24 tpi bb threads, which are pretty much the industry standard.

I see you have Avid brakes...I added a set to my bike, the "joytech" or whatever-the-heck the facotry disc brake set-up is was pure crapola! I'm big (6'2" 220#) and the stock brakes just did not stop me.

Last edited by theRuss; 07-04-2007 at 05:13 PM.