mtbr member
    Nov 2009

new 06 IH warrior pro

so today i was in ***** sporting goods doing some x-mas shopping and as i was walking by the bike area i see this bike hanging on a work stand. i went over that way to see what it was and i was surprised to see it was a IH. never knew they sold IH

as i was looking at it the bike tech came over and started talking to me about it. he said that it is for sale but it needs a pedal and a new derailer. so i ask him whats the price on it. he said that he would have to get the store manager but he believes the price is $100. i told him to go get the manager. she came over and started telling me how they go about their price reduction and said that it would be $100 plus another $100 for the parts it needs. i asked her if i could buy it as is for $100 and she said no dice. i told her that i want it so consider it sold, so once they get the parts and install them i'll be bringing it home. now i'm pretty bummed that it is snowing right now and i'll have to put it away till spring.

here's a few pics that i took with my cell, don't know why the second one is blurry but oh well.

GAME ON!
    that's a pretty good bargain. a few years ago that was $799-999. the fork sucks, though. i loved the look of that frame and the colour. i didn't want to sell it just for the colour. it's a good start. the frame is worth it alone.

Call me Andy.
    i got a pretty good deal on my bike, a 2007 iron horse quantum 2, at sports authority, so that proves that there are indeed good deals on good bikes at sports stores. it was originially $649, marked down on sale for $250, and my dad had a $25 coupon, and it was marked down another 20% because it was slightly used. pretty damn good deal.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    well my good deal went south, apparently ***** has trouble getting parts that i would think would be easy for a bike tech/shop to get. i was told that they could not get a rear derailleur for it. so i asked them about still being able to buy it as is or i could buy the derailleur and they could put it on. they said they would give me call. this was on saturday.

today i get home from work and there was a message on my machine from their bike tech saying that the frame was bent and that they can not sell it to me like that, sorry. so i called the store and talked to the store manager and she said the same thing that they cannot sell it to a customer unless it has been signed off as being in perfect condition but an associate can buy it and sign a waiver releasing ***** from liability. now this is something to ponder on. on black friday i went there and bought a 16" bike for my 4 year old son. i asked them for one that has not been ridden all over the store and i brought home the bike in a box and i have to put together. so if i put it together and something happens to my son on it are they liable? makes ya wonder doesn't

my last rant i promise
    when i first talked to the guy that told me it was for sale he told me that there was an "associate"/coworker that was also interested in buying it. i looked that bike all over and i never noticed the frame being bent. i think that i got screwed out of the bike because someone there wanted it for himself which kind of pisses me off. it never should of been offered for sale to me if that was the case.

end of rant, time to grab a beer and try to forget about this.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravman
    well my good deal went south, apparently ***** has trouble getting parts that i would think would be easy for a bike tech/shop to get. i was told that they could not get a rear derailleur for it. so i asked them about still being able to buy it as is or i could buy the derailleur and they could put it on. they said they would give me call. this was on saturday.

today i get home from work and there was a message on my machine from their bike tech saying that the frame was bent and that they can not sell it to me like that, sorry. so i called the store and talked to the store manager and she said the same thing that they cannot sell it to a customer unless it has been signed off as being in perfect condition but an associate can buy it and sign a waiver releasing ***** from liability. now this is something to ponder on. on black friday i went there and bought a 16" bike for my 4 year old son. i asked them for one that has not been ridden all over the store and i brought home the bike in a box and i have to put together. so if i put it together and something happens to my son on it are they liable? makes ya wonder doesn't

my last rant i promise
    when i first talked to the guy that told me it was for sale he told me that there was an "associate"/coworker that was also interested in buying it. i looked that bike all over and i never noticed the frame being bent. i think that i got screwed out of the bike because someone there wanted it for himself which kind of pisses me off. it never should of been offered for sale to me if that was the case.

end of rant, time to grab a beer and try to forget about this.
    that sucks man. i just picked up a 06 IH Warrior Pro for only $75. Granted, the rest was paid off by my parents for a christmas present. I found the bike, see how well it fit (awesome) , and then just handed some cash to my parents.

You should attempt to push the sale. And ask to inspect it yourself and see if you can write it off. I find it upsetting that they may sale it to their own employee instead of a coustomer, but wouldn't be shocked. Just a bad experience that happens at every retail stores if you're one of the unlucky.

Keep trying at it! Its a great bike for what its being sold for!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    i've given up trying to get it. i thought that the store manager might bend some cause saturday she almost sold it to me as is so that is why i called her after i got the message monday.

i only go in there a few times a year, usually during fishing season and around christmas but not anymore. i'm done shopping at that place.