mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Need Help Pls Cane Creek Cloud 9

Hoping someone could help me, looking to purchase a rear suspension cane creek cloud 9
    but i have no idea what size or mounting hardware kits do i need. its my first level entry bike full suspension coming from a hard tail been riding for 6 months for health issues. Here's the information what i found on this bike online.

http://bikes-shop.blogspot.com/2008/...-mountain.html

i know its not the one of those 5k bikes but im happy with it .i would take it to my LBS but i prefer learning on my own until i saved up enough planning to buy a frame then built it up.

Like a FirePlug
    You can try taking the current shock off, bring it to a LBS, and they can measure the eye to eye to figure out it's size and go from there. they can probably help you find what your looking for.
    Keep the Rubber Side Down

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by eckoblaze
    Hoping someone could help me, looking to purchase a rear suspension cane creek cloud 9
    but i have no idea what size or mounting hardware kits do i need. its my first level entry bike full suspension coming from a hard tail been riding for 6 months for health issues. Here's the information what i found on this bike online.

http://bikes-shop.blogspot.com/2008/...-mountain.html

i know its not the one of those 5k bikes but im happy with it .i would take it to my LBS but i prefer learning on my own until i saved up enough planning to buy a frame then built it up.

There are two measurements you need to know when selecting a shock for your frame: 1) the eye to eye length, this is the length from the center of each of the mounting holes in the shock when the shock it as full extension 2) stroke length, this is amount the eye to eye length changes when going from full extension to full compression.

The 2009 Iron Horse Warrior 4.0 uses a 7.5" eye-to-eye length with a 2" stroke.
    This is a very common size shock. Regarding the hardware for mounting the shock to the frame, there's a very good chance you can use the existing mounting hardware for the Cloud 9, but I'm not 100% sure. It depends on the eyelet diameter (usually 1/2") and width of the Cloud 9. Cane Creek (the manuf. of Cloud 9) may be able to supply (through your LBS) the hardware for your Iron Horse if you can't use the existing hardware.

Hope that helps.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    thank you!! finally got some ideas now ill try and see if i could use the existing mounting hardware if not ill take it to my lbs.. ordering the rear shocks at aebike.com seems like a good deal ..ill post a pic on the outcome..thanks guys

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eckoblaze
    thank you!! finally got some ideas now ill try and see if i could use the existing mounting hardware if not ill take it to my lbs.. ordering the rear shocks at aebike.com seems like a good deal ..ill post a pic on the outcome..thanks guys
    If you order direct from Cane Creek, they'll ask you the year and model of bike and ship you a shock with the correct mounting hardware. Plus, they have a trade-in program in which you send them your current shock - whatever it is - and they send you a Cloud Nine at a reduced price.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    shoot! ( slappin back of his head) never thought of that! but im under bugdet 300bucks its still gonna cost me to ship out my old rear shock is it? or not....o well i ended up buying it at treefortbikes.com with the price match 276 in total new grips ergon ga1 and stem 40mm..hoping i wouldnt be having a problem installing it in! ill post the pic if everything goes well without the trouble of using the old mounting kits from stock rear shocks..pray for me!

mtbr member
    probably to late but when I transfered a cloud 9 from another bike to my azura i had order the hardware from cane creek.