mtbr member
    May 2010

No good need alot of help on what kind of parts should i get

to whome it may concern.... hey im looking for some help and advice i just came across a free iron horse mongoose 3.0 frame (i work at a recycling yard) whats one the frame is... front fork. handlebars and stem and front sprokets with pedals... thats it. im missing alot of stuff but it seemed in decent shape so i thought id make a project out of it... here comes the hard part where would i find what kind of parts i need.. if any of you can supply me with info it would be very much apreciated i dont know much about the iron horse but i figured id try my luck also if i can use other parts from other bikes that would fit it be awsome like what de railor and what not thanks alot!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Hey,

Depends very much on what you want to build. If you just want a bike, it will be cheaper to get one on craigslist. If you want to buy the parts individually it will be much more expensive, however you will end up with a better bike.

Let me give you some ideas so you know what you're looking at. These are low prices on Craigslist...
    1. wheels: $50
    2. V Brakes: $50
    3. Drivetrain: $100 (shifters and derailleurs)
    4. Cranks, bottom bracket $60
    5. Other small parts: $100.

Good luck

mtbr member
    May 2010
    hello
    thank you for your time and reply. i will checvk into this at the week end.. im just looking for a so so bike somthing to get me around the city and occasionaly sum trails. thanks again ill get back at you. i mostly need a drivetrain a managed to get some free v brakes and tire . thanks again. Cheers