mtbr member
    Nov 2007

mkIII with fox DHX air

Anybody with mkIII and fox DHX air on the trails ?
    I went form float to VAN R but now think to get DHXair ...
    Opinion from somebody already tested this combination are welcome.

Mk3
    mtbr member
    got a DHX Air 5.0 on mine, went from the stock RS Aria to this and honestly I have been thinking about going back except I dont ride it much anymore. Maybe I just cant figure out how to get it setup right.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    What you didnt like on the feeling with the DHX ?

banned
    Go to any Forum with dw-link bikes. See the Rebound is being set near-open and do it if you haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Mk3
    got a DHX Air 5.0 on mine, went from the stock RS Aria to this and honestly I have been thinking about going back except I dont ride it much anymore. Maybe I just cant figure out how to get it setup right.

dontcha?
    I don't really understand why people "upgrade" to a different shock on their mk3s.. Unless you get the correct "tune" on the new shock you're upgrading to, it's probably not going to feel any better than the OE shock..
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    There is a pretty big difference in the feeling with new floatR (stock), with floatR after 1-2 years of riding, coil van R and DHX air ... you should read the other treads about shocks on mkIII. In some cases its not better or worse is just different. The bike was created for particular style of riding. It doesn't mean that all who bye it ride this kind of style ... Everybody is free to optimize it to match his style

The very firs impressions from the DHX air are good. Will see how it behaves on the trail.