mtbr member
    Apr 2008

MK III setup advise, please

I just picked up a 2006 MK III. Does anyone have a copy of the manual they could share? I am interested in the recommended sag for the suspension (not the obligatory 20 pages of warnings and such).

Thanks,
    David

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I have the manual some where at home. Though if i remember correctly they had nothing on setting up sag. When I get off work I will get it and p.m you

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dabe
    I just picked up a 2006 MK III. Does anyone have a copy of the manual they could share? I am interested in the recommended sag for the suspension (not the obligatory 20 pages of warnings and such).
    My recollection is that it's a fairly generic manual. So, yes, there are the 20 pages or so that warn you that bike riding is dangerous, etc. I don't remember if there was any specific bike setup information in it or not. (I just checked the file folder for my MkIII, but didn't see a manual. Not sure where it might be.)

In any case, for the MkIII, you should aim for 30-33% sag for the rear. I shoot for somewhat less than that (25-30%) for the fork.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks! That will get me started!

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB
    My recollection is that it's a fairly generic manual. So, yes, there are the 20 pages or so that warn you that bike riding is dangerous, etc. I don't remember if there was any specific bike setup information in it or not. (I just checked the file folder for my MkIII, but didn't see a manual. Not sure where it might be.)

In any case, for the MkIII, you should aim for 30-33% sag for the rear. I shoot for somewhat less than that (25-30%) for the fork.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I agree with the sag figures above,25-30% front and rear, there's plenty of squish to float around in...I didn't get any sag recommendation in the manual...just had fun playing with the pressures...

Members who have read this thread: 0