mtbr member
    Apr 2008

MK III setup advise, please

I just picked up a 2006 MK III. Does anyone have a copy of the manual they could share? I am interested in the recommended sag for the suspension (not the obligatory 20 pages of warnings and such).

Thanks,
    David

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I have the manual some where at home. Though if i remember correctly they had nothing on setting up sag. When I get off work I will get it and p.m you

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dabe
    I just picked up a 2006 MK III. Does anyone have a copy of the manual they could share? I am interested in the recommended sag for the suspension (not the obligatory 20 pages of warnings and such).
    My recollection is that it's a fairly generic manual. So, yes, there are the 20 pages or so that warn you that bike riding is dangerous, etc. I don't remember if there was any specific bike setup information in it or not. (I just checked the file folder for my MkIII, but didn't see a manual. Not sure where it might be.)

In any case, for the MkIII, you should aim for 30-33% sag for the rear. I shoot for somewhat less than that (25-30%) for the fork.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks! That will get me started!

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB
    My recollection is that it's a fairly generic manual. So, yes, there are the 20 pages or so that warn you that bike riding is dangerous, etc. I don't remember if there was any specific bike setup information in it or not. (I just checked the file folder for my MkIII, but didn't see a manual. Not sure where it might be.)

In any case, for the MkIII, you should aim for 30-33% sag for the rear. I shoot for somewhat less than that (25-30%) for the fork.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I agree with the sag figures above,25-30% front and rear, there's plenty of squish to float around in...I didn't get any sag recommendation in the manual...just had fun playing with the pressures...