mtbr member
    Sep 2007

MK III Comp is DOPE

I gotta share this with everyone. I normally ride a fully decked out Ibis Mojo SL with the best of everything in components. Well, I desided to use my wife's MK -III yesterday because my Mojo wasn't together after it's winter maintanance.

That bike is totally DOPE man. I rides over narrly roots like your on a majic carpet, very plush bet yet very efficiant feeling (obviously the DW link setup). It shifts easier that my mega buck X0 triggers on my mojo and it rails as well as my Mojo thru white nuckle tree lined single track. Even the front forks aren't that bad compared to my Talas RLC's.

Hopefully the new and improved IH will sell a replacement swing arm (cheep) to cure the problems many seem to have.

It Rocks,

Mojo

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    good to see you don't have to spend $5-6k to get a plush efficient ride. I know I've been looking at possibly getting a used Mojo before my MKIII breaks and is worth not much (older components, might be time to replace it all) but it's good to hear that the ride is that good and worth much more than the parts

26 for life.
    what it is mother trucker

Dropshot Champ!
    i'd love if they'd redo the swingarm. i don't think that one is gunna happen though man, very doubtfull.

Mk3
    mtbr member
    I love my '05 comp!

dontcha?
    Got out for my first ride on my '08 Mk3, I love it.. I pretty much lost my passion for trail riding on my old bike, but I must say ripping on the mk3 has re-ignited my passion for trail riding.. the bike is a lot of fun.. I'm just praying my rear swingarm stays together(I have the RWS thru axle on the rear donated from my old trail bike).
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

mtbr member
    Just did my first ride on my '07 MKIII last night. I loved it! My only concern is that rear triangle. I have a through axle on there to try and keep things tight.

mtbr member
    Hells yeah they are! I love my MKIII. One of the greatest trail bikes out there, regardless of price...