Supreme Enchilada
    Jun 2007

Just pulled the trigger on an 2006 MKIII Team.

I just pulled the trigger on the 2006 MKIII Team from Randall Scott. I hope I made the right decision. I'm 5'10" and got the 19". I rode on an 06 MKIII expert 17" and it felt cramped. I have short legs but a long torso. I read some of the other posts on here and they seem to all say the TT is short on this bike which is the impression I got. Now I just have to figure out how to ask the wife for forgiveness.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Congrats....

Just impress her by hercules body you'll get from riding and she'll forget everything. At least you'll hope so.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    it is a heavy bike you should have more be more lucky going with reign 0

mtbr member
    You got the right size and it is not at all a heavy bike for its intended use. You’re in for some fun times now

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I am 5'11"...... 19" frame... You purchased the correct size. You also purchased the RIGHT bike!! Congrats!

As for the ball in chain, don't worry about her. Rule number one of the married man's handbook, "It is easier to ask for forgivness than it is for permission." You did the right thing. Besides, you roll the way of "The Horse" now. She won't question you!

Supreme Enchilada
    Jun 2007
    Lol. Thanks guys. As for the weight. I had the LBS put the 17" 06 MKIII expert that I was looking at on the scale and it weighed in at 30.75 lbs. I assume the 19" Team is probably the same if not a touch less. I doubt the Giant Reign 0 is much lighter if at all. The price of the MKIII Team was hard to pass up. Now I have to put my 3 month old Giant Rainier on craigs list.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DRTRIDR
    Besides, you roll the way of "The Horse" now. She won't question you!
    He's right! She’ll probably just respectfully curtsy every time she sees you!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_socal
    Lol. Thanks guys...... Now I have to put my 3 month old Giant Rainier on craigs list.
    Na na...na na....... na na na na.... hey hey hey..... goood bye!!!

You won't miss it one bit! Just "making" room from the Iron Horse DH bike Santa will bring you this coming Christmas!

mtbr member
    Mike,

Great choice in the bike, it is a do it all bike! My neighbor bought the same bike and size from RS and his bike hits the scales at 29 lbs. I work on his bike for him and we had to change out the shock bushing/ spacers because of the play in the original progressive shock set up. I called Iron Horse and they shipped the upgrade out pronto N/C. When you are assembling your bike check for looseness in the shock bushings and call IH even before you get the bike to get the upgrade bushings. Another thing that I did was install the bushings with red locktight as even they were somewhat sloppy and that solved the problemo.

Supreme Enchilada
    Jun 2007
    Excellent advice. I will keep an eye on that when I put it together. The bike should arrive today. Hopefully FedEx hasn't dropped kicked it all the way here.

Supreme Enchilada
    Jun 2007

Finally got it together.

Can't wait to take it on it's first ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    She's a beauty!!! A little too clean don't you think? Haha! Don't forget- you purchased an Iron Horse (not some boutique bike). Rule #1- Horses are meant to be ridden!!!

Again, congratulations!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DRTRIDR
    A little too clean don't you think? Haha! Don't forget- you purchased an Iron Horse (not some boutique bike).
    This is probably more of a QC issue! How much trouble would it be to dump a bucket of drt into the shipping box?