mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Listen! Just bought a used Ginsu please look and comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300103675210

I would like to know what some people think about this purchase. It is my first DH/freeride type bike purchase and I heard some good things so I decided to go for it. I hope that I wont be dissapointed, I have never riden an ironhorse bike and I found some new ones that looked pretty slick for almost the same price such as :

http://www.rscycle.com/s.nl;jsession...4&it=A&id=7988

any input would be appreciated

Capricious youth...
    FSR Rear suspension is tried and true. Not as pedal-able as the DW-link, but not bad. It's basically the precursor (correct me if I'm wrong) to the SGS frames with the FSR.

IF you paid $680, I'd say you paid too much, particularly with the Avid mechs. But if you're happy, then we're happy for you.
    Meh.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Yeah I would like hydraulic brakes, the seller said this avid brakes grip really well though. I may upgrade in the future. Thanks for the input

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Hi, So you're the one that bought that bike! Congratulations!!!! I was looking at the that bike the whole time it was on eBay. I have the exact same bike, colors, seat, handlebar, stem, BB, etc. The only thing is the fork. The one on that bike is more for downhill. I still have the original Manitou Black and still working great. The mechanical brakes work just fine. Upgrade when something fails. This bike is a great platform that you just can't find for at least under $1000.00, now. Ride it until something breaks, until then enjoy a great bike bike that no one else has. Be one of the few!!!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Hey thanks I am very happy with the bike so far. Solid and unique. The brakes are OK, I seem to have some rubbing on my rear break, but Im sure it can be fixed. I want to upgrade to hydraulic brakes sometime in the near future. The forks that came with it are unreal they eat up everything and already saved my ass once. I do think it is cool that not many people have this bike. I found a guy in canada that owns one and has some pics on his site. I emailed him and he told me that he also was very happy with it. (gotta love the internet)

http://www.michaelpowell.ca/biking.htm

I guess we should start a ginsu owners group

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

How do you like it so far?

I know its been a while. Just following up on what if anything you did to the bike. Or if you still have it? Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Yep I still have the bike, its been great so far, the rims seem to be holding up even after pretty bad abuse. I have been trying to adjust the front brake but seems no matter what I do it rubs a little. I probably should maintain the forks soon and tune it up, Unfortunately its so hot here in FL that it usually only sees the paved route to the gym and back, However when I bring it to the trails it feels so at home and floats over pretty much anything,