Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

ironhorse quantum

22K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  shortyt 
#1 ·
I know this is strictly built for sports authority but was wandering about quality etc. I can always upgrade the parts.thanks

#3 ·
The bike sells for 399.99. I have not rode in about 12 years. I am just thinking about getting this bike to start riding again. Later I can always upgrade.

#6 ·
So the quantum isnt a real ironhorse? I disagree I think its a perfect bike for the type of riding I will be doing right now. Maybe one day I will get a real bike or maybe not. Thanks for the info though.

#7 ·
shortyt said:
WORDS.... I disagree I think its a perfect bike for the type of riding I will be doing right now. Maybe one day I will get a real bike or maybe not. Thanks for the info though.
Not trying to be an a$$hole, but man....

For the same loot-- why not go with the better bike? Your post sounded dismissive and your mind is made up. Do what you want to, but I think the advice given was sound and you'd be much happier-- people are trying to be helpful- don't dismiss what is said because you THINK you disagree.

-- Disregard this whole post if I mis-interpreted your reply-

PS-- I've had one 'issue' with Randall Scott ( the online retailer that was linked to.), and they handled it extremely well- If you are hesitant because of the online aspect- don't be.
Sports Authority won't be able to provide the kind of service that a LBS could (speculation on my part...) so why not?

#8 ·
shortyt said:
So the quantum isnt a real ironhorse? I disagree I think its a perfect bike for the type of riding I will be doing right now. Maybe one day I will get a real bike or maybe not. Thanks for the info though.
I'd also have to disagree...not because I own an Iron Horse Quantum II, but because I did my research before buying. Iron Horse customer support gave me a lot of info about the bike, and it is superior to the Maverick line (Just a tad above a 5.0 and below a Warrior 3.0).

Yes, some components are just borderline decent, the bike as a whole is of good quality, just make sure to get it looked over at your LBS, or on your own if u know what to look for. The guys at Sports Authority did an ok job on mine, but I still needed to do a few adjustments along with your normal fine-tuning.

This bike seems perfect for what you're looking for.

btw, I got mine for $299.

#10 ·
Well I actually ordered the Quantum before getting on the forums. It probably would make more since getting the better bike for the same amount. It actually came out to be 299.99 even. Whats done is done. After saying all that I absolutely love the Ironhorse. It fits me to a T and after a visit to the LBS it rides great. Probably in about 2 to 3 years i will upgrade but for now just getting back into biking after 12 years or so the bike reminded me how much I missed it.

#12 ·
Ya its the solid black bike. I love it so far. I have always rode Cannondale full suspension bikes in my younger day. This bike seems to have a good feel to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.